London, 02 Arena, July 17 tickets

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cbellido

Re: London, 02 Arena, July 17

Post by cbellido » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:52 pm

I did manage to get a £75 ticket - so i guess only a very limited allocation of good seats was available at 9 am, and i got lucky for some weird reason.
WinterMute

Post by WinterMute » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:10 pm

bean wrote:Perhaps the better tickets were held back for 02 mobile and broadband customers.
Nope, I had "priority" status through my daughters phone, and the o2 site, didn't mean jack. I ended up getting 2 from Ticketline. At no point did Ticketmaster have £75 tickets available.

It's a scam really, there were £75 tickets on ebay within 30 minutes.

I saw Leonard in Paris in the 70's, at Birmingham Odeon in the 80's and RAH in the 90's, be good to see the old codger one more time.
"Everything in excess, moderation is for monks" Lazerus Long
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:13 pm

One thing that helps is if you specify £75 priceband, rather than leave it as "Best available". I have noticed that their algorithm is a bit wonky when it comes to deciding best seats...
Bela

Post by Bela » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Just got two tickets @ £50 (plus that outrageous service charge and postage - since when does it cost £2.25 to send a letter to another postcode in London?!). Very bad seats, god knows where on Level 4, but seats nevertheless. I have never seen LC on stage (apart from the Philip Glass concert last year) and always wanted to (since, like, the 1970s), so I don't mind so much. Just being there will be amazing. I hope. :-)
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
particlepete

Post by particlepete » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:01 pm

I have just aquired a couple of tickets for the o2 concert. Does anyone have a seating plan for this event?
Bela

Post by Bela » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Padma

Post by Padma » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:39 pm

I possibly have two tickets for O2 BK 403, 498-499. Total £113.75 (includes all the charges). Selling at face value - if you're interested pls pm me.

Padma
yhtrownu

Post by yhtrownu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Just a note for those who've never been to the O2 arena, in case you're wondering what the different seating blocks are like, here's my opinion of the seating, te best listed first:

Block A: on the floor, is BEST (with A2, the best of all)! It's the closest you can get to Leonard. The only disadvantage is that if you are a small person, you might find your vision blocked by people's heads, as it's very usual for the floor block to stand up, and the seating is not tiered. This is the only block you can really read the expressions on the artist's face.

Blocks 101 & 112: are very good: They are the tiered side blocks nearest the stage. Because of the tiers, noone's head is in your way, and because this is the lower tier, you don't get vertigo like you get in the upper tier (the 400 blocks). The down-side is you get a side-profile vision of Leonard.

Block B: is good: on the floor behind Block A (the front of Block B is about the 25th row of the auditorium).

Blocks 102 & 111: are good: They are the side blocks in the middle of the auditorium. You get a side-frontal view of Leonard, noone's head is in your way, but the artist is the equivalent of 30 to 50 rows away from you.

Block C: is far away, so Leonard will look small, and there may be heads in your way too. On the other hand, you are in the thick of the crowd, so you get a real concert vibe, and you can check the video screen for Leonard's facial expressions.

Blocks 103 - 110: are far away: you have to rely on the video screens to see the artist as anything more than a tiny stick figure, but at least you aren't scared to stand up, should you wish to do so, as you might be, if you are in the 400 blocks.

Blocks 401-403, 420-422: are scary, because they are so high up you feel afraid to stand up. People there tend to stay seated, no matter how carried away they are by the music. On the other hand, these numbers are close enough to the stage to really keep an eye on the artist from your rooted-to-your-seat flight-position in the aircraft that is the O2 upper level.

Blocks 404-419: are both scary, and far away from the artist, so you must rely on the video screens for the artists movements and expressions, even as you clutch your arm-rests for fear of falling a very long way down.

I've sat/stood in most of these areas, and that's how I find the seating in the O2 Arena. So if you haven't been, I hope you find that useful.
Last edited by yhtrownu on Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester, June 18 2008
Manchester, June 19 2008
London O2, July 17 2008
London O2, November 14 2008
Royal Albert Hall, November 17 2008
Mercedes Benz World, Weybridge, July 11 2009
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 am

It was quite a very stressful undertaking for me to get the tickets for O2. I switched on my PC at about 8.40, sometimes we have trouble getting a signal with our wireless broadband...I think it's due to the very thick solid walls of our old house. Of course this moring the PC decided to play up and it took me about 10 increasingly frustrating minutes to get connected. But eventually I did. I had 4 windows open and kept refreshing them, so I could get in as soon as I could. According to the clock on my PC the tickets for London were on sale at 8.58. When I got my first tickets they were right at the back of one of the blocks...I rejected them. Then I tried twice again to get better seats and they were getting worse.. But on my 4th try I got Row A seats in Block 111. I thought I couldn't do any better than that and got those. It was all over by 9.05 and I felt like a limp rag... :?
pmdf

Post by pmdf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:04 am

WinterMute wrote:
bean wrote:Perhaps the better tickets were held back for 02 mobile and broadband customers.
Nope, I had "priority" status through my daughters phone, and the o2 site, didn't mean jack. I ended up getting 2 from Ticketline. At no point did Ticketmaster have £75 tickets available.
I managed to get 2 £75 tickets in Block 112 from Ticketmaster through the O2 priority booking page. They started taking bookings a couple of minutes before 9am by my clock, and just before the main Ticketmaster site had the booking page available (I had that open in another browser window at the same time so I could book in whichever became available first!).
Manchester 18 June | Cardiff 8 November
roscoe

Post by roscoe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:07 pm

I got Block 101 tickets on Seetickets at around 8.52. I suspect that better tickets will get released by Ticketmaster in batches (this happened for Springsteen last year and also for Prince) at random moments, so the best ploy is to keep checking Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster also tend to sell the worst tickets first, to capitalise on that early rush by hardcore fans.
Bela

Post by Bela » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Oh, really? Thank you for the advice. I wouldn't mind slightly better seats than the ones I managed to secure (I don't suppose I would have a problem getting rid of them nearer the time).
bean

Post by bean » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Gloucester wrote:One thing that helps is if you specify £75 priceband, rather than leave it as "Best available". I have noticed that their algorithm is a bit wonky when it comes to deciding best seats...
I tried specifying the £75 option at 9am on the dot and there was nothing doing so I then went for the best available option on ticketmaster.

I had also tried the £75 option on see.ticket.com.

Still there is no point complaing - we all know that corporations such as ticketmaster suck and are only interested in ripping fans off. I am delighted to be going to see Leonard wherever I am sitting.
henders74

Post by henders74 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:36 pm

I got block 102 at 8.58, so happy. My parents were online at the same time and got three in 101 which we rejected as my transaction was nearly complete. We should have got both and sold someone on here the other three for face value - didn't realise quite how crazy it would get.

Re blocks A and B, I was on the floor for Bob Dylan at Wembley recently and everyone stood up - might as well have been outside with an audio feed as I could just see his hat if I stood on tiptoe - standing doesn't work if the floor is flat! The only time I ever get close is when the venue is standing downstairs - front tickets have become a joke. I'll never forget when Bob played at Brixton around '95 and I queued for hours and got into the second row. Yes, it's a hassle if you want to get a drink, use the toilet, are tired etc but at least you don't get the front rows full of rich media types who have the money but not the interest.

Wouldn't it be great if, fingers crossed, Leonard does these extra 'intimate' shows later in the year, he played somewhere like Brixton or Shepherd's Bush Empire? Even views from the circle would be good. Hope things work out better for any further legs of the tour. Maybe someone ethical should start a ticket sales agency and performers could specify they had to be used and any re-sales would only be legitimate at face value through that same agency. Nice dream. If anyone does start an anti-tout petition I'm in!

ps I am now going to the Big Chill as well - no touts for that!
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Very disappointed with the way ticket sales were handled . No chance of getting hands on good tickets for the O2 . All the good tickets were gone by 09-02 .I am looking forward to Leonards 08 tour. I am just unhappy the way ticket sales went and that we had no chance to register to give the real fans a chance. But I guess the great and good and the corporate prawn sandwich eaters will have no problem.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”