London, 02 Arena, July 17 tickets

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bean

London, 02 Arena, July 17 tickets

Post by bean »

Hi,

This is my first post on the Forum.

Hoping to see Leonard at the 02 Arena in July.

Not seen Leonard live before, nor have I been to the 02 Arena before.

Probably not my first choice of venue in London. Would have preferred a smaller and more intimate venue. Still I suppose with the size of the 02 we have a better chance of getting tickets.
frankiecrisp

Re: 02 Arena

Post by frankiecrisp »

This is without doubt the worst venue in London the acoustics are terrible. Prince played a long run last year and could not get a decent sound and the Led Zeppelin show in November unless you were in the front rows the sound was awful. A few nights at Brixton or Hammersmith would have been better than this barn.
bean

Post by bean »

frankiecrisp wrote:This is without doubt the worst venue in London the acoustics are terrible, Prince played a long run last year and could not get a decent sound and the Led Zeppelin show in November unless you were in the front rows the sound was awful a few nights at Brixton or Hammersmith would have been better than this barn.
I agree. I like Hammersmith Apollo - going there in May to see Nick cave and the Bad Seeds.

Thank God it is not Wembley Arena - such a soul less venue!

Ents 24 has confirmed the UK dates. No details of prices or on sale dates yet. £50 to £70 seems to be about the average for other artists performing at the 02 Arena.
thisguydontdance

Post by thisguydontdance »

frankiecrisp wrote:This is without doubt the worst venue in London the acoustics are terrible. Prince played a long run last year and could not get a decent sound and the Led Zeppelin show in November unless you were in the front rows the sound was awful. A few nights at Brixton or Hammersmith would have been better than this barn.
I've only been to one concert there - Springsteen and the E Street Band in December, was in the top tier and had no complaints about the sound whatsoever. I would think it is a venu better suited for a big rock show than an intimate gig.
DavidfromEaling

Post by DavidfromEaling »

The Royal Festival Hall would have been better, and more central. Any idea what the prices are going to be? The Canadian ones seem very high,
KnolBowie

Post by KnolBowie »

The O2 is a weird venue. Loads of chain restaurants, a cinema and all kinds of other nonsense attached to a massive arena. I've never seen Leonard play, hopefully if he plays much with just himself and a guitar it wont get lost in the size of the place.
VonBrookhofen

Post by VonBrookhofen »

If I can get a ticket, I'l definately go :D . Haven't been to the O2 before, so can't really comment on how good a venue it is.
Anyone know when the O2 tickets go on sale?
thethirdman

Post by thethirdman »

the tickets have come up on ticket master £50-£75, its a bargain i say!
thisguydontdance

Post by thisguydontdance »

£50.00 - £75.00

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri 14/03/08, 09:00
Get a Text Message Reminder

AEG LIVE PRESENTS
LEONARD COHEN
WORLD TOUR
THE O2, LONDON, SE10
DOORS 6:30PM
THU 17-JUL-08

No pre-sale for O2 either???
Alan_1

Post by Alan_1 »

According to Ticketmaster the tickets go on sale Friday at 9:00am, check this web page out:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/73 ... der_search

Conudrum is do I apply for tickets here or see when the Manchester ones go on sale? :?

Of course I could go to both!! :D
Manchester 18 June 2008
London 02 17 July 2008
Bournemouth 11 November 2008
London 02 21 June 2013
Mackay1

Post by Mackay1 »

KnolBowie wrote:The O2 is a weird venue. Loads of chain restaurants, a cinema and all kinds of other nonsense attached to a massive arena. I've never seen Leonard play, hopefully if he plays much with just himself and a guitar it wont get lost in the size of the place.
The O2 is vile, it's just a tacky shopping mall with a barn like arena. It has no atmosphere whatsoever and really is a vile place. Such a pity that the London gig is there, Royal Albert Hall, Festival Hall or Hammersmith Apollo are all much better.
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

So it is the O2 for one night only .I envy Manchester who get four chances to see Leonard . Still you can't win 'em all and I have still got to try and get a ticket. I am not a beauiful loser :!:
technicalblack

Re: London, 02 Arena, July 17

Post by technicalblack »

You can now sign-up at the O2 for email notification of when Leonard's tickets will be on sale:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/leonard_cohen.html

They also have all sorts of useful links there with information about the O2 and the surrounding areas.
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

Re: Manchester shows
by Kanga on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 pm

ptn wrote:
Ticketmaster employee here.

We've no confirmed onsale date for the Manchester show as yet, though the London and Dublin dates will go onsale on Friday.

We take phone bookings as well as online bookings. People often try to book through both, to increase the chances of getting through to us when we are having a busy sale.

If you are booking online, I'd recommend setting up an account on the website first, so that you won't have to waste time entering all your details on the day.

If you are calling us, I'd recommend dialling at least 5 minutes before the tickets are due to be onsale. We experience large cues for popular events, and this will increase your chances of getting through quickly. However, be aware that we will not be able to sell tickets before the set onsale time (usually 9am), nor can we keep customers on the line to wait for the tickets to come onsale, so don't ring too early

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice - I have just set my account up and I will be after a ticket at the O2 on Friday
I cant work out how to move this on to the O2 thread Kanga

Private messageE-mail

Well I went for good old cut and paste - sorry for the mess :oops:
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
bean

Post by bean »

Good luck to everyone tomorrow; speedy fingers at 9am.

Hope everyone gets the tickets they want.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”