CONCERT REPORT: Amsterdam (July 12)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Dirk

CONCERT REPORT: Amsterdam (July 12)

Post by Dirk »

Hi,
I am from germany and the nearest gig would be the one in Amsterdam. But what kind of Venue is the Westerdam??? I couldn't figure it out! Can somebody help me to find the venue to book tickets?
Dirk
The Good Son

Re: What is the Westerdam in Amsterdam??

Post by The Good Son »

I'm from Amsterdam, and I don't think I ever heard of a "Westerdam". I think it should be "Westerpark".
That's a park where there are often concerts and other events.
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

The Good Son wrote:I'm from Amsterdam, and I don't think I ever heard of a "Westerdam". I think it should be "Westerpark".
That's a park where there are often concerts and other events.
Ah, Thanks a lot!, that sounds more senseful! I have found out that Westerdam is a ship for cruises... So'll check out Westerpark! If I'll get more info I'll post it here!
Menni

Post by Menni »

Yes, it must be Westerpark, all kinds of concerts there this summer.. I'll be moving to Amsterdam before July and my parents (who probably wanna go as well) live right around the corner of the park. What a year, unbelievable!
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

Perhaps it is the "Westergasfabriek" , a building on the Westerpark? Or is that too smal?
Menni

Post by Menni »

That wouldn't make sense.. If for some reason Leonard would be performing indoors in Amsterdam, the venue would probably be Carré or something like that. Nope, I guess it's the festival setting.
Machiavelli

Post by Machiavelli »

Most likely Westerpark indeed.
s.p.fletcher

Post by s.p.fletcher »

rvandewiel wrote:Perhaps it is the "Westergasfabriek" , a building on the Westerpark? Or is that too smal?
i think that means factory
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

No news about a concert in Westerpark yet....
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It is Westerpark, Jarkko wrote somewhere last night that the names of some venues were corrected.

Now, is it in Amsterdam? AEG Live website ( http://aeglive.com/tourdates.php?id=177 ... type=event ) says "Amsterdam, Romania" :shock: :lol: :roll: Haha, somebody in the agency isn't quite good in European geography.

I just hope they're planning it better than a small indie US band I wont' name, which made its European tour itinerary using the Google maps, and after that they tried to go with the bus from Scandinavia to Croatia in 2 days (they were just 2 days late for the gig. That's a true story.)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Ahh, AEG website has corrected the names - now it does say "Amsterdam, NDL - Westerpark".
Raycords

Post by Raycords »

I hope it's an inside venue, as it's more intimate and the sound is better.
Saw some of the "Live at Westerpark" concerts last year and the sound was not so great.
So let it be the Westergasfabriek, but Carre/Paradiso/Vredenburg will also do nicely.

Can't wait to see Leonard, he's on top of my "must-see" artists for years.

Cheers Ray
Raycords

Re: Amsterdam, Westerpark, July 12

Post by Raycords »

Ticketservice announces;

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/evinfo. ... 81&l=NL&C=

For non-Dutchies;

Ticketsale will start at Saturday March 15 th at 10.00 AM CET

Cheers Ray
The Good Son

Post by The Good Son »

http://www.liveatwesterpark.nl/

That's the Westerpark-site, just click on LC's name and it says: sale starts 15 March at 10.00 AM , that would be 9.00 AM GMT I think.
I fear this is an outdoor gig, but will off course try to get tickets none the less.
As I'm only 19 and discovered Leonard only last year, this will be the first time I'll see and hear him live.

Good luck to everyone getting tickets!
samjerram

Post by samjerram »

Any Dutch Leonard Cohen fans out there? I have just been on the Dutch ticketmaster site as I'm hoping to come to the Amsterdam concert. Can anyone tell me what 'Rang 1 (Excl. Servicekosten) € 59 Normaal € 59 Verzekerd' and 'Rolstoelplaats (boeken via 0900-3001250 45 cpm) € 59 Normaal € 59 Verzekerd' means?

Many thanks - would be very much appreciated! :)

Sam

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”