March 7 update: The tour announcement on March 11

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Re: March 7 update: The tour announcement on March 11

Post by tomsakic »

As you can see, Bucharest's TBD was a bad sign - the concert is cancelled. (I'm so sorry, laura... but at least you lived a day in a dream ;-) )

Then, Lykkabetus is the option again. I will decide much later, I guess, depending on final August dates. Budapets is only 3 hours with train, and Vienna, so maybe I'll go there, if I'm free in August at all.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Tom, Athens is gone from the Files too!!! What is going on here? You know, hoping and losing hope is more cruel than not having any hope at all...
Laura
KerstinP

Post by KerstinP »

Laura, I can imagine how you are feeling now. You are right with your last sentence. I'm so sorry for you and all the others who were looking forward to going to Bucharest and Athens. What about vienna?

Kerstin
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Laura wrote:Tom, Athens is gone from the Files too!!! What is going on here? You know, hoping and losing hope is more cruel than not having any hope at all...
Laura
Laura, I really feel for you and other friends like Sophia in Athens - as you suggested, it's such a bummer to have hopes raised then dashed! :cry: As you may have gathered, I was also planning on catching the Athens gig, but it seems at this point that I'll now have to consider other options (well at least for the concert, anyway). :(

Anyway, I sincerely hope that everyone whose hopes have been shattered can still get to see Leonard somewhere else at not too great a cost :!:

Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
CK23

Post by CK23 »

Hello people! I am from Athens too, and I am also very disappointed from this "removal" from the tour list... Is there any chance for an update of that list or we Greeks are doomed? Yet, the first page of leonardcohen.com has still the date on... : / Great news though, this tour! : )
Tony

Post by Tony »

Maybe it isn't "economically viable."
Laura

Post by Laura »

Of course this tour was organised for economical reasons, but I hoped that would not mean a compromise with the quality of the shows; now I'm not so sure anymore.
Of course the whole "pre-sale" thing was done for economical reasons too. If everybody could see the password, there was really no favour for the forum members; but the idea that it's something special and it is so only for a limited time worked very well to get everyone in a frenzy and convinced that they must get tickets FAST.
This still doesn't answer the question of why Athens disappeared. I would have thought it normal and economically practical for everything to be settled down before the cities were posted!
Laura
confetti

Post by confetti »

i had a quick look there and couldn't see this posted but apologies if it is already noted somewhere.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertain ... 5020080311

it says that the final date confirmed is the 29th august in vienna.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We will post the August dates as soon as they are officially confirmed to us by the tour management.
zera

Post by zera »

I'm too nervous to trust myself going through all the posts, so I will just ask, even if the answer might already be out there : is there any hint about something in Paris, event later this fall?? For the moment the only dates that I found in France are Lyon and Nice. I was really hoping for a Paris concert, I would be so desapointed if I can't see him...
CK23

Post by CK23 »

zera wrote:I'm too nervous to trust myself going through all the posts, so I will just ask, even if the answer might already be out there : is there any hint about something in Paris, event later this fall?? For the moment the only dates that I found in France are Lyon and Nice. I was really hoping for a Paris concert, I would be so desapointed if I can't see him...
Well if there won't be any (which I highly doubt it) can't you travel to Paris? I mean, it's the same country!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”