The Irish party

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jimbo

The Irish party

Post by jimbo »

so where wiil it be???

come on all you old and new cohenites............lets get the party started........
love is not forgotten......
claire.oconnell

Re: The Irish party

Post by claire.oconnell »

I had hoped the news about outdoor seated show in Kilmainham in mid-June might be right, but Jarkko's comment above that a June date is too early has seemed to knock that one on the head :( Since the talk is of outdoor gigs, maybe he might do something like Malahide Castle or Marley Park? Either way, I hope it wont be a case of him being slotted into the bill of something like the mud-fest that is Oxegen - while I'd pay to see him anywhere, I don't think that would be the best...
Last edited by claire.oconnell on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claire.oconnell

NEWSFLASH!!!! (thanks to kieron on other post for this)

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

POD CONCERTS & AEG LIVE
LEONARD COHEN
GROUNDS OF ROYAL HOSPITAL
KILMAINHAM
GATES 5:30PM
SAT 14-JUNE-08

I just did a straight search on ticketmaster.ie and it is there, subject to licence. Is it known for ticketmaster to make mistakes with this stuff does anyone know?
claire.oconnell

EEEP! Take that back, ticketmaster.ie seem to have just pulled that info about Leonard Cohen :x What the hell are they at?????
Jim Rossi

Post by Jim Rossi »

For the older fans among us , I wonder how much he has aged in 20 yrs . I saw him in the National Stadium in '85 and '88, so its about time he is coming back. He was brilliant . I remember ,as he was rambled on about a song a "fan" shouted get on with it and Lenny tokk him to task on that one , its my job he said, and I do it for a pay (I like Bob too)
Seems like a date between 13th to 20th June in Kilmainham according to Irish times "ticket" on feb 22
Joney

Post by Joney »

IF Leonard plays at Kilmainham then I think the Patriots Inn may be a good place for a meet up beforehand as it is quite nearby and pleasant. It was an old stomping ground for my brother when he lived in Kilmainham and he introduced me to Leonard so I think it would be great, he will definitely want to drop by there and see some old familiar faces.

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/t ... tsinn.html
jammymulligan

Post by jammymulligan »

That sounds good...I saw him in the National..the early show and although it wasn't full,there was a great atmostsphere.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I have never seen him, I was surrounded by babies in 88! Oh I hope this is my turn to see him live............. I will be depressed forever if i don't.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

There should be a concert in the University of Limerick Concert Hall. Dublin has had more than its share of LC concerts
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

I've seen Leonard each time he has come to Ireland in the National Stadium and it really suited his music there.But there is a new venue up north called the Waterfront Hall and it would be perfect for Leonard's music. The acoustics are superb and it would be much more superior to an outdoor venue.
Gerry.
thesodofturf

Post by thesodofturf »

Do you know where else would be perfect? The Riverbank Centre in Newbridge. That would be VERY suitable. And convenient, for some people anyway.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”