Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Tri-me

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by Tri-me »

It is very heart breaking. I posted in another thread how this is like "Mommie Dearest", here is a gift now give it away to everyone. Leonard Cohen's mamagement did not do this to the advantage of people in the LC Files despite their intentions.

Margaret damn darn it crap. I wish ther was someting Jarkko could do to get you a ticket amybe for me too if I cannot get a ticket. There are only 750 seats here so they will go fast especially with there being so many people who know people at the venu who will do favours for them. I am seeing what I can do, but I don't think my connections are as good as other's.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
margaret

Post by margaret »

Tri-me

My husband actually managed eventually to get tickets for us on Wednesday for Manchester. Not our 1st choice, but they are quite good seats. I hope you get some eventually.

Margaret
velvet

Post by velvet »

SteveKincade wrote:Hi Velvet,

I had no problem getting seats, but as I said, ticket master has restricted the seats to the back of the bus. I was told this by ticketmaster. No good seats available before tomorrow. We can do a test if you want. If anyone has a seat closer then row Y can you let us know the row? And if that happens, lets see how close to the front that we can get?

Steve
I got Row E, and a couple of other people I know got rows C and H. There is a limited number of seats in presales, and they're scattered throughout the venue. As I said in the other thread, the Orchestra Pit Rows (AA - HH or so) in the very front seem to be restricted to those who are donors or members of the Circle of Friends. After I got my tickets, I was playing around with it, and discovered I could have gotten 5 or 6 rows ahead if I'd opted to join the Circle of Friends when buying tickets - I didn't, but those ones were available 20 or 30 minutes after the presale started.

The way most fan club presales work is that a specific number of seats are released ahead of time. This number is divided up into sections - so 50% may be in the Orchestra, 25% in balcony, 25% in mezzanine. If there's only 300 tickets released during a presale, then there's only 150 in the Orchestra - scattered from front to back.

Ticketmaster is also really bad at allocating - there are times when the computer will say that centre floor row V is better than left side row D. It's a crappy system. In fact, the best presale I've ever seen is for Nine Inch Nails - as a fan club member ($35 per year) you get first shot at tickets. 75% of the tickets available in the general admission pit go to the fan club, and 25% of the best seats. They ensure that their fans end up in the very front of the venue every time... they also skip ticketmaster and have their own "in house" presale on their web site for all shows, so they have more control.
moreykris

Post by moreykris »

Sorry to bring this question up again, but I've been reading the past 7 or 8 pages and it hasn't yet been answered.

How exactly does the pre-sale work? Must you buy though ticketmaster.com, or from the local venue's box office? I'm looking to attend the Fredericton show, but am unclear as to how the pre-sale process works.
omega85

Post by omega85 »

Thank you, Leonard! You're beautiful! Oh, I can't wait to see you in St. John's. <3
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This message originated on Anjani's forum, in response to John Etherington. Since I know there are people still here to whom it applies, though, I will post it here for you, as well, with some adjustments. You know who you are and the others are gone... unless, they're lurking waiting for the next bit of news. Likely so. It's truly shameful what the touters are doing.

I'm very pleased with the great news of those who got tickets. I pray that those who haven't, still will. It seems you'll still do fine, Tri-me, with Leonard's management's plans to still add more Canada venues. I sure hope so! Not that this has turned into a lovefest here about it all, but this has been a very tense and stressful time of unknowing for so many of us who so deeply want to be there. I know you're one.

For those of you newbie, prior lurkers... some of us have been telling you for years to come on in, the water's fine. I'm noticing that people seem to be more relaxed about contributing in ways they could have all along... how they got to know Leonard's work, what he means to them in their lives, and all those other 'incidentals' that mean so much in our own, personal lives.

Now, I can't even make my way through all the threads. It'll be some weekend's project to try to get caught up. It's wonderful to see the heavy participation here, after at least some of the tickets have been obtained and some of those people have remained. Welcome to you :D . It's a traffic jam here and Leonard is wanted at it 8) .

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

I'm staying ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm staying ;-)
Then, would you mind removing the wink, real-alan? Or, at least tell me for how long ;-) ?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

oh no, I was a victim of a scam and do NOT have front row seats. at least I do but they changed it from Leonard Cohen to an ice-skating show. Can Jarkko confirm that Leonard is not performing on ice?
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
annie blue

Post by annie blue »

me too lizzytish. newish member, old old fan. thanks for making us all feel wanted :) . i've had one hell of a week and just want to sleep until june. btw real alan i noticed you're wednesday gallery. me and mine too, maybe we can say hello :oops:
I never answer, since it isn't you.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

oh no, I was a victim of a scam and do NOT have front row seats. at least I do but they changed it from Leonard Cohen to an ice-skating show. Can Jarkko confirm that Leonard is not performing on ice?
This is NOT good news... were you the victim of a scam related to Montreal or the U.K.? Or, via using one of the passwords Jarkko provided us? I ask because I've received E-MAIL confirmation on nly one ticket... and NOT my top-dollar, 2nd-row one. I have the Confirmation that I copied & pasted and sent to myself that I got on the site when I charged the tickets. However, no one has answered my email plea to them that they explain the situation, so I can be at ease. I'd like to think that the venue would at least let me pull up a chair somewhere if I got scammed, too. This world we live in these days...

Hi Annie Blue ~

I'm glad to hear you'll still be around, too :D . Once you really get involved here, you can't help but love it :) . I'm very glad you got tickets 8) .

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sideways - now I have this image in my head of Leonard ice skating whilst singing. Made me laugh

I got email

Dear Paula, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY You have booked to attend LEONARD COHEN at The O2 Arena, London on THURSDAY 17/07/2008 at 19.30 You have ordered the following tickets Reference xxxxxxx - 2 SEATS at £67.80 Plus a Transaction fee of £ 2.00 Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us.

God I hope that is right.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Laughing, too, Paula... reading your posting. Now, my image took it one step further and has him turning sideways, to face the fans and sing as he passes, the way that the skating contestants do to pander to the judges.

Sorry to make light of your dreadful situation, Sideways [I may end up right alongside you... on the outside of the venue and hundreds of dollars poorer]. I know it's not in the least bit funny to you, nor should it be.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
greeksiren

Post by greeksiren »

I plan to stick around, too! I quite like it here! :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's VERY good news, Greek Siren :D . It's wonderful here. The more, the better. Hit-and-runs are, well... hit-and-runs :( .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”