Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
absentminded

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by absentminded » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:49 pm

i was just wondering wheter it is better for buying tickets for a festival or rather for a independent concert - do you think it will be a huge differance? tickets in canada are so expensive - i freaked out (southeuropean salaries are not that great, so it's going to be a wipe-out-your-bank-account event). For which should i buy tickets?
I have just came to terms with the fact I will not sleep until i have my tickets firmly in the hand and are standing in front of the security guy.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Elsie Lewis wrote:wHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE UK CONCERTS.
Don't we all who want tix for the UK want to know this??

btw, I checked the site for interest for Canada where booking is now possible, and I presumed the long complicated numbers and letters next to the web addresses are the magic passwords (it doesn't say) - and put them in, and all I got was that there is an error on the website for Canada bookings!!! (Don't worry, Canadians and Americans, there's one less trying to get tix, I shall wait for the booking to open for the UK/Ireland.)

So, when will be able to buy tickets for the UK concerts?? Guess continual checking of this site is the only answer - except that I have a life and right now I am late for my work today, so have to abandon trawling through this site for about 10 hours.

Sue m
magdasto

Post by magdasto » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:13 pm

I just want to post an enormous THANK YOUnote for the concert in Lisbon!!! I'm overwhelmed with emotion!!!
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
magdasto

Post by magdasto » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm

it's me again, a bit calmed down... ;-) : Jarkko: is there a chance for a pre-sale for a Lisbon concert as well? If not, do you have a clue when the tickets go on sale?
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
janelaw

Post by janelaw » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

when and how do i get tickets?
julian7

Post by julian7 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:56 pm

hi everyone, probably like the rest of you been an admirer for most of my adult life. Although I have only just become a forum member. can somebody explain the script to me how and when we will find out and be able to purchase tickets when they become available. As I live in Manchester I am interested in any of the four dates. thanks, julian
rhona

Post by rhona » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

I didn't sleep last night - the knowledge that I am actually going to get a chance to see the man live in concert kept running on a loop through my mind.

Gotta say that this is a pretty heavy tour schedule and some big venues so fingers crossed, everyone will get their heart's desire! I'm heading for Manchester if at all possible, but I always said to my husband that if Leonard ever toured again, I would travel anywhere in the world to see him, so I checked last night that he was still cool with that...

Still cannot quite believe it. I've watched my precious I'm your Man video dozens of times for the last 20 years (I fell for him when I was 15) and dreamed of seeing him live, but never thought I would.

best wishes to all - Rhona x :D
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
cait

Post by cait » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:08 pm

the info is on ticketmaster for the dublin gig now
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:16 pm

I have again to repeat that we don't have more information about the advance booking for European concerts. I am sure we will know early enough which venues possibly will be included - so that an announcement on The Files and here will give you time enough to get ready. - Probably the tour management also first wants to see how the pre-sales to Montreal and Toronto go! Instinctively I would expect that there will be no pre-sale for the big open air festivals with tens of thousands of tickets. Some of those - like Glastonbury - also require pre-registration of people who plan to buy tickets later. Even if there is no advance booking, we will post information, venye by venye, where to get the tickets and when (see below)

I have asked the tour management to find out the correct names for the venues in Oslo and Amsterdam.

Next step: we will get more Canadian dates soon. I cannot estimate when the August concerts will be added. I was surprised to get the June dates yesterday - we had been informed that there will be a delay. But they worked hard and were able to send me the list at the very last minute, only less than two hours before the list was put online!

Here are some addresses where to buy the tickets when the official sale begins. NOTE that this information is still subject to change
AND that we don't yet have the on sale dates (except for Dublin and Glastonbury).

IMMA Dublin http://www.ticketmaster.ie / 0818 719300 -- on sale: Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

Glastonbury http://www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk/
*To obtain tickets you must register. Failure to follow the registration instructions correctly will lead to rejection, you will be notified if this occurs. Registration does not guarantee you a ticket - you will need your registration number to purchase tickets on Sunday April, 6.

Rosenborg Castle / Copenhagen http://www.billetnet.dk 45 7015 6656

Raadhus Parken / Arhuus http://www.billetnet.dk 45 7015 6656

Castle / Edinburgh http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

O2 / London http://www.aeglive.co.uk

Passeio Maritimo / Lisbon http://www.ticketline.pt / Call Center: +351 707234234

Jazz Festival / Nice http://www.gdp.fr/index.php?idDirBill=1285

Summer Festival / Luca http://www.ticketone.it
lortigosa

Post by lortigosa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot Leonard and Jarkko for these wonderful news!!! Now I only wish he does at least one proper concert in Spain, not just a crowded "campground festival" like Benicassim. Leonard, have you checked the Palau de la Musica in Barcelona? A wonderful place for you to play! :D

(just wondering if he'd read this)

Greetings from a Catalan in cold UK!
Luisa
dbat2

Post by dbat2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:44 pm

I never thought I would have the chance to hear him live (nearly had a capital H there!) and I live in Manchester....he comes to me! Please God I get a ticket.
kongstad

Post by kongstad » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm

The tickets for the Danish venues (Aarhus and Copenhagen) will go on sale on th 17th of april at 10.00 according to billetnet.dk
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:07 pm

by stan on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:07 am

I think we should have a Jarkko day,for all his and his colleagues hard work. stan

Hi Stan ~

EVERY DAY is JARKKO DAY in these parts!!! His hard work is continuous, though sometimes he works even harder. I can't argue with an official JARKKO DAY, though!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi Lizzie ~

I'm so happy for you and Peter... Congratulations to you both! You're both getting such a great deal 8) . Now, what a wonderfully appropriate celebration! Will he be dancing you to the venue :D ?

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm getting a little confused (not unusual ;-) ) - do we know whether there is going to be pre-booking on any of the European dates...? I think I've picked up that there isn't for Dublin, but what about Manchester....? and before anyone jumps in, I HAVE been looking & reading, but there are so many threads & posts covering this topic... :?
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”