WANT DETAILS OF LEONARD'S TOUR???

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
DJay

Re: WANT DETAILS OF LEONARD'S TOUR???

Post by DJay » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:38 am

I hope Leonard plays L.A. If so, I am going. I also strongly urge people to check out http://www.myspace.com/cliffmorrison I had mentioned to Cliff once, "Hey how about doing something with Leonard Cohen?" Imagine that. Go to that site and you will see. Imagine these two together.

I hope it's ok with Jarkko but here is what his website says Cliff has going on if anyone is in the L.A. area. I will be there that night, so if any Cohen fans mosey over to the show, I will be there.

"It has been said that Cliff’s sound is very similar to his father, the late, great Jim Morrison of “The Doors”. As a dedication to Jim Morrison, Cliff Morrison & The Lizard Sun Band will be performing at The Whisky A Go-Go, March 28th 2008 at 11:30pm. For information on ticket sales, please contact The Whisky A Go-Go at (310) 652-4202."
preadhead

Post by preadhead » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Asmodeous where did you see a scanned image of an LC concert ticket charging $US750? I would be really shocked if tickets end up costing that much unless it was some kind of fund raiser as well. It would place LC out of reach of ordinary people and I just find it hard to believe that he would sanction something like that.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:23 pm

I have to repeat again that the fake ticket someone created and posted on the Forum was a JOKE.
ZaGeP

Post by ZaGeP » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 pm

And we are allready the 20 th of februari and there is still no news ......
We want some details!! :D

Greetings ZaGeP
ferretsinlove42

Post by ferretsinlove42 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:49 pm

I was so excited when I found that Leonard Cohen was touring again after all these years! I saw him here in Australia in 1985. I was heavily pregnant and had been stuck in the rain coming back from a work assignment a couple of hours away. There I was, looking like a cross between a drowned rat and an elephant, with his music and sheer presence making me feel just beautiful. And now my daughter is a fan (probably happenned in utero!) and it would be the best gift I can imagine to share a Leonard Cohen with her.
All this leads to my general question-has there been any hint he will be coming to Australia? Or even somewhere in this hemisphere? I will be a daily lurker to this forum until the tour dates and venues are announced!
'Take This Longing' is my favourite song though I love so many of them. :)
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Don't know how I managed to miss this thread, I thought I'd read all the posts that have anything to do with Leonard's tour..
kokenpere wrote:To try and read your palm.

John E. is into astrology or "So Long, Marianne"

michael
To support John E I would say that trying to read your palm might be kinda in the same realm as astrology but most astrologers cannot read palms as well..and most palm readers can't do astrology. I'd go for tickets sold first to those who know the secret handshake John jokily suggest (Feb 1st), and knowing the tricky LC quoted line to distinguish the real fans from the curious. How about what follows 'the lesser loyalties depart...' ??
Mind you, some lines would probably catch ME!
Sue merlyn
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Don't know why people keep asking in various threads when the details will come and if LC comes to their home town etc.

Jarkko's e-mails have made it quite clear that nothing is confirmed till it gets confirmed - full stop.

It'll probably happen on 29th February as it's such a rare date.... :D
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Every one of us knows how easy it is for time-lines to come and go in every realm of human endeavour, especially if it’s something that’s not guaranteed or promised or even obligatory. It’s not as though LC's tour schedule announcement has to be made by the end of February (like an election date or the like). So, I think we’d all be better off not getting too excited and hung up about this February time-line, clearly differentiating between an (indicative) time-frame and an (immovable) deadline.

It would be safer and less stressful for us to consider that the tour schedule announcement might even slip back towards Easter. Imagine how many organisational aspects there are to this tour and how difficult it might be to nail down the final tour schedule on account of this! It will be a nuisance for some of us (myself included) if we don't know by the end of February, but I suspect for most of us this will not be the case.

In my own case something will change for me, in that I’m going to be away from home for work in early March and am concerned about easy Internet access while I’m away. However, if it happens this way, I'm just going to have to access the Internet as best I can! I’m also hoping that for all venues there is some reasonable time lag before tickets go on sale, so we can all do our necessary planning and then be at the “ticket purchase sprinting blocks” at the same time! ;-)

Anyway, here’s wishing we all get to see an LC concert as follows: with Cohenite friends; in a great venue/location; at a reasonable price; and at a time that is individually optimal! :D

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Andrew (Darby) wrote:......

It would be safer and less stressful for us to consider that the tour schedule announcement might even slip back towards Easter.
......am concerned about easy Internet access while I’m away. However, if it happens this way, I'm just going to have to access the Internet as best I can! I’m also hoping that for all venues there is some reasonable time lag before tickets go on sale.....
Oh don't say Easter.....
:razz:

Even if you're a way with no constant internet access I do believe that the tickes won't be sold out 2 minutes after the announcement. So i wouldn't worry too much.
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Osmachar, thanks for your reassurance, but this problem won't arise for me now, because the tour announcement date (March 11th) will occur after I get back from my early March work deployment away from home! 8)

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
dharma

Post by dharma » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:05 pm

osmachar wrote:Even if you're a way with no constant internet access I do believe that the tickes won't be sold out 2 minutes after the announcement. So i wouldn't worry too much.
I don't wanna make people worry too much :D but tickets for Tom Waits' London concert in 2004 sold out in 20 minutes! Apparently, there were 78,000 applications for tickets at the box office in the first hour! Thankfully, I was one of the lucky ones. I reckon Lenny has a similar fanbase to Waits, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad scramble for tickets. :shock:
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 pm

I don't wanna make people worry too much :D but tickets for Tom Waits' London concert in 2004 sold out in 20 minutes! Apparently, there were 78,000 applications for tickets at the box office in the first hour! ....
Oh my......
William

Post by William » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 pm

"I don't wanna make people worry too much but tickets for Tom Waits' London concert in 2004 sold out in 20 minutes! ...... so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad scramble for tickets. "

Of course you do, dharma, why else would you post this information? :)
Laura

Post by Laura » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Andrew (Darby) wrote: It would be safer and less stressful for us to consider that the tour schedule announcement might even slip back towards Easter.
WHICH Easter, Andrew? Ours is on April 27 this year, and, hmm... right now doesn't seem impossible to get that far, too.

Laura
damellon

Post by damellon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:37 am

William wrote:"I don't wanna make people worry too much but tickets for Tom Waits' London concert in 2004 sold out in 20 minutes! ...... so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad scramble for tickets. "

Of course you do, dharma, why else would you post this information? :)
Did dharma get to you, William? By 8.25 your incredulity has peaked over Snowdonia. :)
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”