What should his tour be called?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lizzytysh

Re: What should his tour be called?

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Sweet on your moniker, Gipsy. Yes... that title [even though the "An Evening With . . . " already gets plenty used in various ways] really does speak to Leonard's nature. A simple and classy reference.

The easiest way to get you started on the Hal Wilner reference is this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1091&p=10522&hilit ... ner#p10522

Then, there's Sydney... check it out on http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com. Not only is there information, but reports and photos, as well.

Somewhere else on the Forum, please share how it is that you and your husband came together through Leonard's music. It sounds like a wonderful story. There are various threads that summon this kind of information and I'd love to hear it.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Yankovic

Post by Yankovic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:32 pm

THE ROCK HALL TOUR!
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
Kurt W

Post by Kurt W » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:47 pm

They all seem to work....

The Hallelujah tour
The Let's sing another song tour
The Tower of Song tour
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 am

Yankovic, I thought of that one as well!

Kurt's "Tower of Song Tour" made me think of just "Tour of Song," hahahahaha, seeing as we all know how Leonard likes to simplify his albums by adding titles that include the word "Song(s)" in most of them.

But I have one question, aside from the tour discussion... bigdee mentioned something about Kelly Lynch, and I thought I've seen her name on here before. Are we talking about the actress? From Roadhouse and Cocktail?? Is she dating Leonard or something????
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
schmedler

Post by schmedler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:44 pm

well, for me...

"The Miracle Has Come" tour would suffice...

for me to see Leonard in concert would be a miracle, a dream come true no doubt! i am so excited, i told everyone i know that i would quit my job to see him as many times as possible!!

i like the "evening with leonard" one toooooo.... really nice....

see ya'll in edmonton :o)

laura
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi Jason ~
But I have one question, aside from the tour discussion... bigdee mentioned something about Kelly Lynch, and I thought I've seen her name on here before. Are we talking about the actress? From Roadhouse and Cocktail?? Is she dating Leonard or something????
This is what happens when you stay away so long. Too bad it wasn't that simple when Leonard did. Do the Search here with Kelley Lynch's name, spelled correctly ;-) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi Lizzy,

Actually, Teratogen will get more info if he spells Kelley's name the wrong way! In a nutshell, Kelley was Leonard's long-term manager,
over whom Leonard won a legal case, due to the disppearance of most of his money. Despite this, I must say that she was very helpful when I was writing to Leonard about a project of mine. She ensured that he received ny letters, and sent me some photos.

All good thing, John E
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:29 am

Personally I didn't find this funny - but . . .

when, with great excitement, I told a quick witted friend (who is not a fan) about the upcoming tour, he suggested it be called "The Bucket Tour".

(if you don't get it it's reference to the new Jack Nicholson/Morgan Fredman movie)
Yankovic

Post by Yankovic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:57 am

The Twenty Years of Boredom Tour
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:37 am

John Etherington wrote:Actually, Teratogen will get more info if he spells Kelley's name the wrong way! In a nutshell, Kelley was Leonard's long-term manager, over whom Leonard won a legal case, due to the disppearance of most of his money. Despite this, I must say that she was very helpful when I was writing to Leonard about a project of mine. She ensured that he received ny letters, and sent me some photos.
Ah, okay. I was aware of the financial problems caused by his manager and whatnot but I did not know her name was KellEy Lynch, let alone that his manager was even female. But of course, why wouldn't it be? :lol:
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
Baldwyn

Post by Baldwyn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 am

Man, did I have fun browsing this thread, you guys came up with great names! :)
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:21 pm

What that woman did to Leonard so angers me that I am planning to have a button made which says simply 'Lynch Kelley', with a hangman's noose behind.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
daka

Post by daka » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:14 am

I'm with Hydriot....

"Something In Between"

says lots about lots of our lives

'looks like freedom but it feels like death'
'it's somethin' in between I guess'

daka
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
r'sgipsywife

Post by r'sgipsywife » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:19 pm

hydriot wrote:What that woman did to Leonard so angers me that I am planning to have a button made which says simply 'Lynch Kelley', with a hangman's noose behind.
Yes it was quite appalling what she did. But Mr Cohen seems remarkably unbitter about it. Is is light enough to let it go? The money won't bring her any luck...
daka

Post by daka » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:57 pm

In Galway Ireland there was a mayor named "Lynch". His son, in a fit of jealous rage, murdered a young Spanish visiting sailor. The mayor did his duty and had his son hung. Perhaps some people don't know the origin of the word, 'lynch' as in lynch mob. I didn't until I visited Galway once.

daka
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”