What should his tour be called?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gingermop

Re: What should his tour be called?

Post by gingermop » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:02 pm

My fave from that evil YouTube vid:

Leonard Cohen: 'You Know Who I Am (so cough up)' Tour 2008

:D

Now all I have to do is sell a kidney on Ebay to raise ticket funds...

Gina
Hec

Post by Hec » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Leonard has been asked about touring so often that he will probably call this tour the 'As it be your will tour 2008'.
Honnoria
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Actually, "If It Be Your Will" Tour 2008 isn't a bad idea, either.

Gina ;-)

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
cortez

Post by cortez » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Now I got it!
The "Get A Life" Tour, thats always good advice and in that way the Forum members won´t feel left out!

Love

Cortez :D :D
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 pm

'The Kelley Lynch Remembrance Tour' :roll:
'The Bums on Seats means more Receipts Tour' ;-)

Seriously...
'The Alone with my Fans Tour'
'The Return To My Routes Tour'
'The Time Of Our Life Tour'
'The Leonard Cohen Whirled Tour'
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:57 pm

I think it's up to Leonard to call the tour what he wants,not us.
And lets hope he takes it easy so he's not worn out when he
comes to europe.
And final,stay away from the red wine.

God,i must admit i never thought this would happen again.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 am

I would think it might actually be named in relationship with his upcoming album and/or inclusive of Anjani in some way. Of course, I really don't care what Leonard calls it [do management agencies get involved, too?]... all I care is that he's doing it. Meanwhile, it's fun to conjecture.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:21 am

Philwilli wrote:I think it's up to Leonard to call the tour what he wants,not us.
And lets hope he takes it easy so he's not worn out when he
comes to europe.
And final,stay away from the red wine.

God,i must admit i never thought this would happen again.

No criticism meant here 'P' but I feel compelled to respond to your message. :neutral:
Of course he can call it what he wants. That is his business. However, Paula's idea for us to have a play with words is most welcome. :D
Some of us cautioned about the situation many months ago, concerning his working too much and did not want him to feel obligated to meet our needs. His health comes before anything. We want him to be around for a long time yet. We've got the CD's and the DVD's and the song sheets and the poetry and the books. It's just that some of us feel that he 'might' be being nudged into something he never expected to 'have to do' again. Like the rest of us he will feel in his mind like the young man that he used to be, but the body lets us all down eventually.
Red wine is beneficial in moderation. ;-) I never expected to see him on tour either. :shock: Getting a ticket will be difficult/impossible. :( Failing to get one will not be the end of the world though.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:48 am

In conjunction with Byron's posting, I also want to add that if Leonard decided to name it the "Stay at Home" Tour 2008 because that was the only thing that fit, that would be fine with me, too... and I'd wait understandingly and happily for his new album.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 am

Byron,tonight you read my mind and got it out in words what i was thinking.
There are other artists that i love that are getting old now and i know
someday we have to let go of them.
Oh man, it hurts inside, sometimes it's almost unbearable.
bigdee

Post by bigdee » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:47 am

Logic says the tour will probably be named after a song from the new album as Lizzy said. Of the songs I know Leonard has been working on for the new album, I know there is one called "The Street". I would say it should be called something like "Out on The Street tour 2008", or something along those lines, assuming "The Street" appears on the new album. Maybe the cover of the tour program could have a picture of Leonard sitting on the curb outside his home with a suitcase while Kelly Lynch is in the background coming out of the house with some of his belongings and putting them into her car (photoshop created image of course). This I think would be fitting since she is probably the main reason why he is touring to begin with.
1993: Philadelphia July 15 2008: Montreal June 23,24,25 2009: NYC Feb 19/ Columbia May 11/ Philadelphia May 12/ Waterbury May 14/ NYC May 16,17/ Boston May 29,30/ Philadelphia Oct 22/ NYC Oct 23/ Cleveland Oct 25 2010: Vegas Dec 10,11 2012: Boston Dec 15,16/ NYC Dec 18,20 2013: NYC Apr 6,7
jorcx

Post by jorcx » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 am

Well, I had also thought about some of these already mentioned:

"Tour of Longing",
"Here For You",
"Back On Boogie Street" and
"Go More A-Roving" Tour 2008...

Cool!
Other alternatives could be:

"Hey, That's One Way To Say Goodbye"
"Here It Is"
"Your Favourite Game"
"You Have Loved Me Enough (to do this Tour)"
"Take This Tour"
"A Thousand Bises Deep" (explanation, in Spanish Bis means the Encores of the concerts)
"Because Of (...A Few Bucks)"
"Enlarge Your Pennies" (sorry, bad joke... by the way, these days I'm hung up on a great and very funny book about touring by Eric Idle, the Monty Python, called "The Greedy Bastard Tour" Diary)

Let's stick with "Tour of Longing"!
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12
r'sgipsywife

Post by r'sgipsywife » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:16 pm

How about:

Came So Far For Beauty: An Evening With Leonard Cohen
The Chelsea Hotel Revsited
An Empty Room and a Lonely Lane

I'm new here BTW.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi and Welcome to you :D , R'sgipsywife ~

There's just something about "An Evening with Leonard Cohen" that has immense appeal for me. It's so gentle and unassuming. A potential issue with the "Came So Far for Beauty" part of it is the Hal Wilner production already in existence... I can imagine the repeated question, when people shorten their reference, as they do, " Which one?"

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
r'sgipsywife

Post by r'sgipsywife » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:37 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Hi and Welcome to you :D , R'sgipsywife ~

There's just something about "An Evening with Leonard Cohen" that has immense appeal for me. It's so gentle and unassuming. A potential issue with the "Came So Far for Beauty" part of it is the Hal Wilner production already in existence... I can imagine the repeated question, when people shorten their reference, as they do, " Which one?"

~ Lizzy
Hi Lizzy,

You are clearly far more knowledgable than me, could you explain a little more about your Hal Wilner reference?

I do so agree with you re An Evening With Leonard Cohen as a possible title. Gentle and unassuming like the man himself. I recently heard an interview on BBC Radio 2 with Leonard. He was wonderful, what a shame they couldn't give him an interviewer who had the ability to do him justice. Still it was marvellous to hear him. Myself and my husband, (the R in my moniker..:) :) ) Both of us came to Lennie's music in our teenage years. We are now in our fifties, and got married last year. It was his music that brought us together.

Another possible title: Let Me Be The Lover

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”