Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
chrispycrunch007

Re: Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Post by chrispycrunch007 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:58 pm

We are so happy....two tickets...2nd row centre in Charlottetown May 18th...the show sold out sooo fast but my darling wife was able to score these two by telephoning the box office.....we can hardly wait!! :D
kindave

Post by kindave » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 am

I can't believe it ... I have 2 center tickets ... 4 rows from stage ... in a 900 seat theatre .... to see Leonard Cohen ... I feel so fortunate .... May 21, Savoy Theatre, Glace Bay, Nova Scotia on beautiful Cape Breton Island. I am so glad he is doing this tour of Eastern Canada to prepare for his world tour. Thanks to my wife who works beside the theater and just happened to pop in at the right time .. as the first show sold out and tickets were just going on sale for show 2 .... Hallelujah !!
Dewey

Vancouver, Canada???

Post by Dewey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:45 am

Hi Jarkko,

Has Mr. Cohen set a date for Vancouver, Canada?? Edmonton? the west coast of Canada is dying to know!

All the best, and enjoy the shows,
xoxo

***This question has been answered so many times that this has to be the last: There are NO dates for the rest of Canada, and no dates for US this summer. The tour goes around Europe. If everything goes well, the tour MAY continue in Fall/Winter and cover other areas. No information is available at the moment, and the decisions will be made MUCH later. / Jarkko***
raindog86

Post by raindog86 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:25 am

are there any rumors about leonard playing in berlin this or next year?
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:16 pm

raindog86,

there are so many rumours about where he's playing, and when he's playing, that, you'd be better asking if there are any rumours about anywhere in North America and Europe, that he isn't appearing!!!! :roll:

PS: perhaps you are so busy that you haven't got the time to do what most of us have done for years......read the bloody threads before asking a question that many have already asked. Once you've read the threads, you'll see how annoying it is for most of us to keep seeing such questions. God knows where Jarkko finds the patience from???
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
ania

Post by ania » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:38 pm

geez byron take it easy man, its raindogs first post.... not such a friendly reply to a new person!
i dont read all the threads all the way through christ 63 pages of stuff and think of how many possible updates hiding within!
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
preadhead

Post by preadhead » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Looks like there might be a few grumpy old men around the site :)

AS a newbie myself I have to say it's really very hard to figure out where the updates to threads are. I'm not sure all the notifications re subscibed thread updates are getting through to email either.
arthurdenton

Post by arthurdenton » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Fair play to you Ania ;-)
damellon

Post by damellon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:59 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable or grumpy to expect posters, new or otherwise, to read through earlier postings. It's lazy and childish to want your question answered when you can't be bothered to see if it already has been. What's the point in maintaining earlier comments if no-one's going to read them? Might as well clear all threads at the end of each day and start afresh.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 pm

All I can add to the responses to my 'grumpy old man' posting, is that you read between the lines and notice the timbre of jarkko's 'blue' posting. The man's self-restraint is there for all to read.

Just because it is someone's 'first post' does not mean that they can come tugging at grumpy old daddy's coat tails saying, "gimme, gimme, gimme."

Many people have added their thoughts and responses to what many others have written.

'Jumping the queue,'
'ignoring all the work done by others,'

would not get any marks for 'endeavour,' 'gold stars' for effort, or a 'mention in despatches,' from the majority of people in here who respect the time and effort put in by others.

Several years ago, I was part of a small group of students, who had been given a task to perform in relation to historical facts about local landmarks. Varying degrees of effort and time had been put into our individual contributions to the project, which would be assessed as one part of our Degree course.
One of our group, a young man who thought he knew it all, did nothing. When asked by the others why he had done nothing, he replied, "I couldn't be arsed." When it was pointed out to him that each member of the group would now lose vital marks for their individual Degrees, because he couldn't be arsed, he said he couldn't care less. All he was interested in was having an easy route through his Degree, at the expense of others. He was rewarded with the same marks as the rest of the group. He did nothing and reaped the benefits of the work of his fellow students. He got a decent mark for doing nothing and we got a reduced mark for all the work we had done.

Call me grumpy if you want to. I can live with that. ;-)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Just seen the post about a possible second O2 night . Is the miracle going to come, I'm still waiting.
magdasto

Post by magdasto » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:41 am

Jarkko: I've just been thinking (strange enough for me) do you read all these posts?
In case you do, I have a question: a week ago you put the info that tickets for Lisbon are on sale, while there's still no info on the official page (ticketline.pt). Meantime the tickets are being sold at EUR 175 or higher (up to EUR 390) at other web pages. I'm still waiting but becoming to worry. Could possibly all the tickets have gone to scalpers (touts)?
Ah, and one more thing; I'm so happy for those of you having tickets in their hands! Keep your fingers crossed for me as well, OK?
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 am

I can't read all of the messages but have tried to glance at the Tour threads to find out what is going on. The Portuguese Ticketline had informed AEG Live that they open booking on March 20. That's how I got the date. Obviously they haven't begun yet, and this concert is not listed on their website. Contact their Call Center at 351 707234234 and ask what they are waiting for.
magdasto

Post by magdasto » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Jarkko, thank you very much for your response. You're very kind, indeed. Thanks again, magda
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
heather_zzz

Post by heather_zzz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:00 pm

Please! nobody knows if Cohen will come to Bucharest this year?
why did they post the announcement if they erased it one day after??

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”