Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
showin1990

Re: Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Post by showin1990 »

I have to disagree with BigD; I think I am the youngest fan ever, and I'll make a shorter story of it.
I was sitting in the basement of our farmhouse watching Austin City Limits because we watched whatever my dad wanted to watch. There he was Leonard in all his glory. It was 1990 and I was at the tender age of 13. A young woman should never be allowed to listen to Leonard Cohen: her soul will never be the same.
So there you have it, my father who died last year, and I were forever enormous fans of Leonard. Now my husband is flying us to see him in Hamilton, Ontario because I cannot take a chance on missing a truly once in a lifetime opportunity. If I were only allowed to meet him face to face. What an amazing concert this will be.
Looking forward to seeing him in live view,
Me
faylasoof

Post by faylasoof »

i've got tickets!!!!! and i'm going!!!!
reets

Post by reets »

What fantastic news, I rang for tickets within a couple of hours of going on sale for Manchester alas sold out, I will try further away, sad thing is we he is genuine fans will have to pay much more then the ticket price, due to ticket touts, how sad, I have been a fan sinces the 60's as most of us are...keep your fingers crossed for me, anyone any idea were to start trying to get tickets??
hope to see you all at one of his concerts..
Reets :lol:
I have been a fan of Leonard since the 60's
ania

Post by ania »

damellon wrote:I don't think it's unreasonable or grumpy to expect posters, new or otherwise, to read through earlier postings. It's lazy and childish to want your question answered when you can't be bothered to see if it already has been. What's the point in maintaining earlier comments if no-one's going to read them? Might as well clear all threads at the end of each day and start afresh.
i believe that it IS in fact unreasonable to expect someone to go through 63 pages of posts to get a simple answer...
gees people get so precious... :roll: if you dont want to answer - simple - ignore it.
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We have an effective search routine on this forum. It would be often recommended to make a search first, to find out if a topic has been discussed before. If you want to know, say, whether Leonard has announced any US tour dates, just make a search with keywords "US tour dates" - and you will find numerous threads (all with the same answer: no US dates). This way the member will get his/her question answered without delay.
ania

Post by ania »

jarkko hello luvie :) long time no nothing....

i understand what youre saying but you know it doesnt work that way and it really shouldnt be so hard for the regulars here (not yourself youve enough on your head) to reply with a 6 second answer to any excited newbie... no?

come on people... :)
ania

Post by ania »

Byron wrote:All I can add to the responses to my 'grumpy old man' posting, is that you read between the lines and notice the timbre of jarkko's 'blue' posting. The man's self-restraint is there for all to read.

Just because it is someone's 'first post' does not mean that they can come tugging at grumpy old daddy's coat tails saying, "gimme, gimme, gimme."

Many people have added their thoughts and responses to what many others have written.

'Jumping the queue,'
'ignoring all the work done by others,'
oh come on!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
you cant be serious!
if this sort of thing annoys or bores you - ignore it.
if your time isnt based on saving lives therefore is not THAT critically precious, you could spend 10 seconds on replying 'yes' or 'no'.... SURELY.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi Ania - also long time no nothing ... just a simple request of mine as long as the announcement of second part of the tour is pending, would you like to entertain us by extending your avator at the right bottom corner .... maybe just a little bit.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
bella

Post by bella »

my experience when i joined in 2004 was that people were very helpful when i couldn't get into the forum and wanted an address. one thing though i've never quite been able to work out is the date system on messages e.g. 4 9 2, 2008 but please don't anyone feel you have to explain it, it is probably too embarrasingly obvious!

while i'm online just like to say thanks to jarkko for all the information and the site
Paula

Post by Paula »

In theory Ania what you say is OK but in practice it is a pain in the arse having to spoon-feed people answers to questions that have been answered so many times before.

If Byron is a grumpy old man I am a grumpy old woman.

At least try to help yourself and look first before asking.

Henning will your heart take a full length version of Ania avator. It reminds me of that famous picture of some one famous who was lying on a bale of hay who Getty invented the uplift bra for whose name I can't remember :lol:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
rhona

Post by rhona »

Jane Russell I believe.

Ania, I love ya! Nothing nicer than people taking a little time to be kind and welcoming to others. Much respect, beautiful woman! x
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
ania

Post by ania »

Henning wrote:Hi Ania - also long time no nothing ... just a simple request of mine as long as the announcement of second part of the tour is pending, would you like to entertain us by extending your avator at the right bottom corner .... maybe just a little bit.
hahaah hey you! :D
how you going luvie??
it seems like a hundred years ago since we last spoke....
ill see wha ti can do about the avatar... im all for providing entertainment for my friends :lol:

ania

Post by ania »

rhona wrote:Jane Russell I believe.

Ania, I love ya! Nothing nicer than people taking a little time to be kind and welcoming to others. Much respect, beautiful woman! x
thank you lovely! :D
el-nico

Post by el-nico »

I have tickets
I have tickets
I have tickets

Do you know what this means?
Man!!!!
..there were lots of invitations
damellon

Post by damellon »

Ah, but do you still have the girl, el-nico?
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”