Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
A.Sukitu

Re: Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Post by A.Sukitu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:35 pm

... I agree with marc belanger: "I'd rather send him (LC) the money" too .... rather than go to the 02 in London ...
... yet ...

and, like annie blue I hope that the UK pre-sale is tomorrow. BBC Ceefax and ITV/Ch4 teletexts are running news of the tour in their Entertainment sites.

... I am trying to "do what i am doing" and not expand my anxiety ...

good luck to everyone ...

Annie
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 pm

Gurinder wrote:A few more dates from an article in today's (March 12, 2008) Globe & Mail:

Aug. 3: Ledbury, England (Big Chill)
Aug. 5-6: Istanbul (Arena)
Aug. 10: Prague (Castle)
Aug. 12: Budapest (Sziget)
Aug. 14-15: Girona, Spain (Cap Roig)
Aug. 28-29: Vienna (Opera House)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... nment/home
Jarkko wrote:Leonard's tour management says that these days are tentative and partly not correct, and there will be more. Therefore I have been asked not yet to list the August dates until they are 100 % confirmed.
Our plans are changing, we have spoken to go to some Europe's site. Anyway, we think to go to the infected Benicàssim too (waiting for the miracle of Leonard's poetry among the garbage and the flowers) because the best way of life it is sharing it with our friends.

Now this news of the Cap Roig possibility fills us with hope (two days!). I do not like the summer festivals near the sea, but this one has a good level and is a worthy place. In 2007 important people were as Joan Baez. In http://festival.caproig.cat/index.php is not the 2008's program.

The tickets for just one day for Benicàssim are not on sale yet. It's for four days, the whole festival, for 170 euro. I do not recommend it.
richardrj

Post by richardrj » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:00 am

jarkko wrote:I have been asked also to let you know that the news about the Kilmainham and London 02 gigs are not true
It now looks like that was a deliberate piece of misinformation by the management.
Last edited by richardrj on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreigheorghe

Post by andreigheorghe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 am

jarkko, why has the Bucharest gig on 14 july dissapeared from the list? :?

thanks in advance!

***It was dropped - actually it was never confirmed and should not have been listed at all on the AEG website*** / Jarkko
dannamor

Post by dannamor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:47 am

Any new at all about Leonard coming to NYC?
dharris

Post by dharris » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Does anybody know if there is pre ordering for Manchester?

dh

***No pre-sale. Jarkko****
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm

dharris wrote:Does anybody know if there is pre ordering for Manchester?

dh
Sigh... I think this is on about a dozen other threads.... BUT... there doesn't seem to be any pre-ordering apart from the Canadian shows...
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Cristina Cohen

Post by Cristina Cohen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi there,
This is very exaiting. Last night watching TV, here in Portugal, saw a new stating that Leonard Cohen was coming to Lisbon on July 19th. Could you please confirm if this is true. As you can see, I'm also a Cohen, my family came from Poland, Romenia and stayed here in Portugal. Could you please tell me if it is really true, as if it is, i surelly will try everything to go and see the show.
Sincerely yours,
Cristina Cohen
strangermusic80

Re: Will he come to the US?

Post by strangermusic80 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Does anyone know if LC has any intention of coming to the States during this tour? I am just trying to figure out if I should plan for the long drive to Canada or if I should wait for U.S. dates to be posted. Either way, I don't want to miss this extraordinary chance to see him! Please respond if you have any reliable information. Much Appreciated!

"Baby, I've been waiting
I've been waiting night and day
I didn't see the time
I waited half my life away"

***There will be no US dates this summer. We don't know what happens after the European leg of the tour. It remains to be seen in the Autumn. / Jarkko ***
rjuned

Post by rjuned » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm

lizzytysh wrote: Since I can't imagine Leonard will show up in Newfoundland [I could be wrong, of course, but I'd be surprized to see that ~ however, reading those details of that 8 nights... and I remember being impressed by details about it some time back, I hope I am wrong!], I had to go with the closest-east where he might.

~ Lizzy :)

HE IS COMING TO NEWFOUNDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hardly listen to the radio anymore unless I'm in the car and my kids are too young for school, but I needed the school report this morning (b/c of the storm), so I randomly chose a station. Long after the report, I turned it back on - dunno why, I never listen to the radio, but I did turn it back on.... and the dj announced that Leonard Cohen was coming to NL!!!! I freaked out, screaming jumping, shaking... scared the daylights out of my kids but I couldn't stop, and so I missed all the details. I started googling "Leonard Cohen in Newfoundland" and your post was one of the search results but I couldn't find any more info thru googling or thru any reasonable sites I could think straight enough to check.. :? lol I started thinking I heard wrong (b/c of all my screaming, I couldn't be sure what I actually heard lol)....:oops:

But I have since discovered that he WILL be here in St. John's on May 26 and that tickets go on sale on thursday coming.

This is all I know for sure yet. lol But seeing your comment about him not coming to NL, I HAD to tell you. :D :D :D
I'm trying to find Icho!!!!!!! Anthony where are you? -- Rosa
scrantonian

Post by scrantonian » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Thanks Jarkko and crew for everything. I am thrilled to finally be able to see LC before I die (Toronto 6/7).
You've really made my year. :D
Toronto - June 8, 2008 / Philadelphia - May 12, 2009
velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm

I second the thanks to Jarkko and the forum for everything you do! I'm absolutely thrilled to be taking my mom to see Leonard on 6/6 here in T.O. Row E at that! (She just about died when I told her we'll be closer than we were for Etta James!).

I'm so positively thrilled right now. I'll figure out how to pay the Visa Bill next month! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
st theresa

Post by st theresa » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Weird -I think my posts are disappearing. I just wrote a note about touts selling tickets. Mine had to do with another tour-kd lang. I did not know that this scalping thing was so commonplace, but the first site I found with kd tickets was outrageous in its prices. I later did find a real site with reasonable prices---glad I persisted.

To Cristina Cohen (love the name) l --yes yes it is true Passeio Maritimo--is the venue. July 19 is the date listed.
I may be there myself (all the way from Canada), unless the more dates still to be posted convince me other wise.
SteveKincade

I am so disappointed

Post by SteveKincade » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:35 pm

I am so disappointed, not with the tour or Mr. Cohen or any of that, but I just tried to get seats in the pre-booking for Toronto and I kept getting really bad seats at the back. So, I called and asked "what's up with this" The reply I got is they only release the back of the back, around row Y and back for the fans. If I use mt AMEX I could get to row R :(

All the good seats will be available on Sat. at 10 EST. Leave it to Ticket Master to mess with the great work everyone did to make sure Fans got in early and got the best seats.

sigh

***you have been misinformed. Many members have got excellent front row seating. Also read the next message! / Jarkko***
velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Steve - that is absolutely untrue.

I got 5th row Orchestra for Friday night. I could have gotten 9th row on Saturday, but I wanted Friday instead. There are a limited number of tickets released throughout the venue for presale (and they're sold out now). The top tier of $250 is the front orchestra section. Ticketmaster has no idea where tickets are released for presales in general.

There is a chance, depending how bad you want it - if you opt to join the Circle of Friends (an extra $75 membership fee) you can get tickets in row EE - row C last I checked. Those are still available.

Some slimeballs are already on eBay posting their tickets for twice the face value.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”