Thanks for the good times - now let's share them!

The Edmonton Event - before and after
lklassen

Thanks for the good times - now let's share them!

Post by lklassen »

Hi everyone!

The 2008 LC fest went great.. Fantastic music, fantastic fans - everything we could have hoped for.

Now, I know many of you were filming and photographing the events. If you have any videos or photos to share, pls send them to me at cohenites@gmail.com and I will post them on the blog (or our youtube account). PLEASE share them -- why make others guess how great your photos are?

:) Thanks again! I had a great time getting to know all of you
--Lila
---

"Because I say so, that's why." -anon.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for the good times - now let's share them!

Post by jarkko »

Hi Lila
Eija and I are safely back home after a magnificent trip to Edmonton and the Canadian Rockies. Thanks to all of you for your hard work to make the Event so successful! We have "some" photos of the Event and will start sorting them as soon as I've got my professional tasks balanced after being away for almost three weeks. We will probably start by uploading a selection of the best shots to a photo gallery. Will give the link when done!
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
dar

Post by dar »

Adding my thanks to Kim, Lila and others for a wonderful time in Edmonton. It was great to see old friends and to make some new ones too.

(I tried to avoid photos since I've been overeating the past few years and it shows. But, what the hell, friends stick by you through "thick and thin". Nice to have spent time with those of you at the event!)

Dar
adam.mamula

Post by adam.mamula »

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum. I loved every minute of my stay in Edmonton. All of the concerts were excellent. I am already thinking about Poland even though it's two years from now. Dar, please call me when you have a chance. Thanks.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi Lila
Thanks for a wonderful event in Edmonton . We are safely back home in Yorkshire England after spending a few days in Vancouver . We have some fantastic memories of our time in Edmonton and will post some photos when time allows . To tell you the truth we have been too busy listening to Kris Kristofferson . Thanks for that Dar !
Phil
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
dick

Post by dick »

Add thanks from Linda and I too -- was a wonderful time and great to see friends again. Look forward to following the blog.

Dick
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Lila,

Your Edmonton event was fantastic and it was great to catch up with old friends and make some new ones! :D As for the program, there was such a variety of interesting and excellent concerts/performances/events. 8) However, my photos of these were generally disappointing! :( Anyway, I'll see if there are any worth including and I will send you the same.

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've been looking through the various links for photographs of this Event. Are there none that actually have the names of the people in the photos. There are some, who many have never met; yet, who attended Edmonton. It would really be nice to know who is who in the photos, so you can pinpoint them. If there are some photos with names, could someone please provide a link? Thanks.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

Many of the people are tagged on the images in FaceBook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 70&l=f2a6e

We could tag more but the untagged people are people you already know mainly. It's OK, Leonard is becoming a mainstream interest now. There will be more and more people you do not recognize attending his concerts and celebrating his work. That is a very good thing, not something to complain about!

All the best. - KIm
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, good, thanks for the link. Names are always good with me.

I'm exuberant that Leonard is getting the worldwide recognition he has always deserved.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hmmm. I'm not seeing the tags. Even if some are known to me, though... there's a whole bunch more now that they're not known to. It must be a pain to include the names, but it's soooo nice to know as you look.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez »

The names appear as you mouse over the faces, Maarten Massa just added 22 more tags.

All the best. - Kim
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ah, thanks, Martin! I'll go back and try again... thanks for letting me know, Kim.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Edmonton 2008”