Book of Longing CD

Everything about Leonard's 2006 book of poetry and Anjani's album
dick

Re: Book of Longing CD

Post by dick »

LuNo

Like your observations. If you have read all the comments, you may note that staging is quite important to the overall Glass work -- one of the reasons that I am sorry they are not planning a dvd release. There are some 20 of Leonard's paintings as background, a screen that displays another 50 or more, and the four singers and the solo instumentalists move with conscious coreography. Glass is also very present, first as pianist, then as obsever the other performers are playing for. Visuals added very much to my enjoyment of the work.

Hope your copy arrives soon Linda

dick
LuNo

Post by LuNo »

Thanks, Dick
I suppose it's as you say - the visual side of the performances must help reaching the effect Glass meant to. Too bad the schedule does not come next to me :(
Whilst I am confined to the music in the CDs I must rely on imagination to build a play. Sadly none of the songs succeeded so far to stay in my ears for long after being played, meaning that I don't listen the BoL album as often as I did when discovering LC's own works.
Cheers!
Luis

It's easy: All you need is Love [John Lennon]
James T

Post by James T »

I am going to get this but when I saw the show in London I thought it was very poor and the main reason people liked it was because of the 2 men involved. Glass and Cohen are both extremely talented men but this just didn't work for me. Everyone made their mind up beforehand and didn't allow themselves to make an accurate judgement about the quality of the piece.

Return to “Book of Longing”