City Walking Tour

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

City Walking Tour

Post by Henning »

Here is a message from Nicole Ziegler, Operations Manager, Fat Tire Bike Tours Berlin:

"Hello Leonard Cohen Fans! I hope that everyone is looking forward to some great music and great weather this upcoming August! My name is Nicole, and I will have the pleasure of showing you the sights of the city. Henning, your man on the inside over here in Berlin, and I have teamed up to offer a fun and non-strenous walking tour so that all of you can feel like Berliners-not the donuts, but like the natives! For those of you visiting Berlin for the first time, this is a great way to orient yourselves with the city. For those of you returning, it'll be a great chance to hopefully learn something new about Berlin. Each morning at 9:30, I'll be there to pick you up from the hotel, and then we'll spend the next few hours leisurely walking throughout the city. We'll see the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, the new Jewish Memorial, the site of Hitler's Bunker, Gendarmenmarkt, Potsdamer Platz, and much more. At each stop, I'll fill you in on the history, and hopefully entertain you with interesting anecdotes as well! We'll stop for a coffee along the way, and end the tour at the TV Tower at Alexander Platz. My goal is that you not only have a fantastic time, but that you also discover what makes Berlin such a unique and fascinating city. I look forward to meeting all of you and showing you what makes Berlin one of the best cities in Europe. See you in August!"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Henning ~

Is this something we need to sign up for, or just be where it starts at the appointed time? Nicole sounds nice and very knowledgeable. I guess they do bike tours, as well, but ours is a walking one [good thing :wink: ].

~ Lizzy
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi Liz,

I'll come up with a query this week.

Cheers
Henning
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Henning

Post by Henning »

The Friday tour is full now - still available are Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”