Update March 2005

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

Update March 2005

Post by Henning »

We have now added more informations about our next event at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/berlin-index.html

You can also join the mailing list by simply sending a blank email to
berlin2006-subscribe@beautifullosers.org

The next update will be on May 1, 2005 when we start the registration procedure.

Best wishes
Henning
Anne

Post by Anne »

Definitely something to look forward to.

Thanks Henning.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi Anne,

indeed it is something to look forward to for all of us. Still it is a long way to go but we are not willing to spend a month without having added another piece of puzzle to the construction of this special fan gathering.

After just one day 22 persons have joined the mailing list and I am sure it is going to be an effective information tool the closer we approach August 2006.

H.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, I already got my confirmation on being added to the list, as well as your own, personal Welcome, Henning. Thanks! And, as I already said in response to you, the anticipation begins!

Love,
Lizzy
Paula

Post by Paula »

If I survive the plane to Hydra I will get to Berlin. Lizzie I am so glad you are going to Berlin too. You will be able to say Europe is your second home soon. :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

In fact, Paula, if you come to Berlin, we can explore a little further into Europe, prior to and following the Event :idea: ! I'll be doing it, regardless, but our traveling spirits seem to be pretty in sync.
linmag

Post by linmag »

You won't need to get a plane to Berlin, Paula. You need never leave the surface of the planet if you don't want to. At least, I presume you do do boats? Otherwise your feet are going to get very wet!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Henning

Post by Henning »

We now have more than 50 persons on the mailing list - so if if each one brings a lover, a brother, a sister, a neighbour and a mother-in-law the event will be sold out very soon. Registration will start on May 1 with a special rate only valid in May 2005. Details soon.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Do I have to be on mailing list? I'm coming. Would there be some kind of programme with scholars' discussion / deliveries? I'd like to be part of that 8)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Tom, you don't have to be on the mailing list ... just watch this section and you will be informed.

"scholars' discussion" - This is something very interesting and we will have to consider it - You and I should talk about it on Hydra.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're coming now, Tom? Is this the most current information on you?
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Unfortunately, I cannot come to Hydra this year, Henning :cry: Although the main reason was to meet all of you and talk about Berlin. Although I thought Hydra is partially planned as the meeting of Berlin organisation team, nobody mentioned it later so I thought I dreamed that :? Sh-t, now we can't speak about the ideas for Berlin on Hydra, so emails are only thing left.

I joined the mailing list, I copied the link with right click on mouse. Namely, I was bothered by the link for joining because it opens my Outlook and I never use Outlook but I have email on public server (Yahoo) :oops:

Scholar's discussion - I thought it's the part of events, like, that there's possibility that Ira Nadel, Jim Devlin or Stephen Scobie would come, plus others Cohenists (Cohen scholars :D - there are many of them of younger generations; the comitee should send the invitations for event personally to them I think because many people aren't coming to the site/fourm often or at all) and that some kinds of actual deliveries/essays will be done plus open discussion. Wasn't that the case on Hydra 2002?
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

The actual word is panel discussion - and I chekced, it was done at Montreal 2000 Event (w/ Ira Nadel & Stephen).
Henning

Post by Henning »

I'm sorry to hear that you're not coming to Hydra !

>Although the main reason was to meet all of you

Then what is the main reason why you are not coming ?

Re: Berlin 2006

The panel discussion in Montreal was indeed well recepted by the participants and has not been repeated so far. As I mentioned, we have to consider this for Berlin. One of the rules for our programme is not to have any parallel events, something which was criticized by participants previously. Maybe we can have a panel discussion for Saturday at Lunch time before the Open mic sessions start. Maybe we should set up a poll for a certain LC topic to disuss.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, bring your lunch [in a venue where eating ~ quietly :wink: ~ as you listen would be allowed] would be a great idea! Thank you soooooooo much, Henning, for non-paralleling the events :D 8) :D .

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”