Perla rocks!

This section is for all other music-related topics
Christine

Perla rocks!

Post by Christine » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:03 am

Ojai's August date has changed to the 25th.... muy bien, a Saturday......

Hi everyone,

I've posted Perla's upcoming schedule below... I'm definitely heading to the Ojai concert.... Perla will perform there with Brett Dennen in a show to benefit Food for Thought (an org trying to revamp school lunch programs and bring locally grown foods to school salad bars). A GREAT cause. Here's the schedule.... Christine PS Here's Perla's myspace page..... http://www.myspace.com/perlabatalla

Upcoming Shows ( view all )

19 Apr 2007 20:00
The Lobo Theater/New Mexico Albuquerque, New Mexico
21 Apr 2007 20:00
Border Book Festival/Las Cruces NM Las Cruces, New Mexico
27 Apr 2007 20:00
Scripps Claremont, California
16 Jun 2007 20:00
Kenly Amphitheatre Layton, Utah
7 Jul 2007 16:00
LACMA Los Angeles, California
10 Jul 2007 20:00
The Algonquin Theatre/Canada Huntsville, Nova Scotia
13 Jul 2007 15:00
Calif World Music Festival Grass Valley, California
14 Jul 2007 17:00
Calif World Music Festival Grass Valley, California
21 Jul 2007 20:00
Levitt Pavilion/Pasadena Pasadena, California
26 Aug 2007 12:00
Fiesta La Ballona Culver City, California
25 Aug 2007 20:00
Libbey Bowl/Benefit Food For Thought Ojai, California
Last edited by Christine on Thu May 03, 2007 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:23 am

Oh, dear.

Not a single sign of life from the forum fans. Poor Perla. No plane trips across the country by feverish fans dying to hear Perla sing. No Internet Foreign Correspondents begging to review the show. No "Leonard Cohen Introduces Perla." Ergo, no interest.

YdF
Christine

Post by Christine » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Your loss..... sadly....
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:22 am

Let me spell it out for you. I was contrasting the HUGE hullabaloo surrounding the Anjani events and Perla's offerings.

Guess what the difference is.

YdF
Kush

Post by Kush » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 am

Internet Foreign Correspondent...I like it! There is a certain ring to it, sort of rolls easily over your tongue. I may use it on occasion (with full credit of course).
I get this image of busy little IFCs (i.e. Internet Foreign Corespondents) travelling to all the hotspots (Darfur Mosul etc, not to mention the drug cartels in Colombia ) doing their thing (i.e. telling the truth) while we eagerly await their uncompromised reports on this forum. And of course the occasional report from Joe's Pub.
Christine

Post by Christine » Tue May 01, 2007 7:08 am

That made me laugh, Kush, thanks! Truth is, YDF, I was actually tryin' not to engage..... I understood ya the first time. I'm happier tonight..... the other thread was makin' my little heart hurt.... I'm a lover not a fighter! And I'm so happy Judith's still here. Considering I'm new to the site, it caught me off guard how much I felt the potential loss of her here. Friends, YDF?
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Tue May 01, 2007 2:35 pm

Friends forever.

YdF
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Tue May 01, 2007 11:52 pm

PERLA AND JULIE AT THE KNITTING FACTORY, NEW YORK 2004

Photo: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue May 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi ForYourSmile ~

Thank you for posting this incredible photo. If I could replicate the birthing heart emoticon, I would. This is the time and the place where I saw Julie and Perla. Both were stunning. Have you seen Julie, yet? I've forgotten whether or not she was at the venue where you saw Perla.

I never dreamed I would ever be able to see either of them in person and was entranced by their performances, even moreso by Julie's "A Singer Must Die" than any of their others that night. One day, I hope to see them both, again.

Meanwhile, you've brought back full technicolour, warm, and wonderful memories. Thanks :D !

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Wed May 02, 2007 12:17 am

Not, I have never seen Julie :cry: , but I have the DVD of the NY event, they were wonderful, ... or in Dublin or Sydney.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 am

True, FYS... even so, you've done way more than fine at least seeing Perla in person. I don't need to tell you that she's worth the trip! [Christine, too, that goes for you 8) .] I love the footage of Perla dancing in the street. Don't recall now where it is, but it's wonderful. One of the very first things I noticed in New York was her being barefoot. Being a barefoot person myself, I really identified with that and loved it.

I have the DVD of the New York Event, of course... but I can tell you for absolute, positive, 1000% [no typo there] sure, that it, unfortunately, doesn't do justice or even capture the dynamics of Julie's performance of "A Singer Must Die" ~ it was breathtakingly strong and sexy.

Your day will hopefully come to see Julie, as well. Meanwhile, as you already know, you can definitely delight in Perla!!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Wed May 02, 2007 12:35 am

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed May 02, 2007 12:37 am

Hi FYS ~

I tried, but can't get to it at the moment. I'll watch it when I get home; however, I have a feeling you've taken me straight to it.

Thank you :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Kush

Post by Kush » Wed May 02, 2007 1:56 am

You are very welcome Christine. Yes now that the Joe's Pub assignment is done I would request the good webmaster to send any resident IFC that he may have in mind to Bogota for a first-hand uncompromised report on the kidnapping industry within the drug cartel. The reporters usually never make it back but the report (uncompromised of course) can still be posted back to the forum. No need for CNN or BBC anymore. Not to mention NPR.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed May 02, 2007 4:26 am

:D YES :D ~ FYS 8) !! That's it!!!

Thank you so much! I'm going to put in my Favourites and see if it will be able to remain there.

So much love, warmth, and life in Perla :D !!

I'm so glad for Perla that Leonard encouraged her to pursue the music of her roots 8) . I'm so glad for the world that she listened :D .

Love,
Lizzy :D

I watched it all again, several times, ForYourSmile. It's even better now, knowing what she's singing. Thank you, again.

Love,
Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Other music”