"I Was The One"

This section is for all other music-related topics
Steven

"I Was The One"

Post by Steven » Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi,

Jimmie Dale Gilmore's cover of this song of "heartbreak" may put a smile on your face (probably will),
particularly when seeing the graphics that are in the linked video. Elvis Presley recorded the song in
1956. I prefer Jimmie Dale Gilmore's cover of "I Was The One."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRcx9VOLiRM

:D
SWITZ

Re: "I Was The One"

Post by SWITZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:51 am

This song came off Jimmy Dale Gilmore's album "Spinning Around the Sun". I remember back about ten years ago I had bought a car and looking under the front seat was this cd. I was just about to fling it in the sticker bushes when the song "I was the one" caught my eye and as I have always liked the Elvis version I put it into the CD player. Jimmy's version of "I Was the One" blew the doors off what Elvis did....in fact the whole album captivated me.
Every song on that album is a gem. A song on the album I like to sing is called "Nothing of the Kind". YouTube has many off the album (Spinning Around the Sun, Another Colorado, Just a Wave, So I'll Run")
Thanks Steven
Steven

Post by Steven » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi SWITZ,

You're welcome. You found my lost CD. :wink: That we both rate Jimmie Dale Gilmore's cover of
"I Was The One" as better than Elvis', is most high praise as Elvis Presley was extraordinary, his singing
voice among the best of artists in all of recorded music history. There are qualities to Jimmmie Dale
Gilmore's voice that are akin to some of the most valued of popular singers (the late Roy Orbison comes
to mind). I enjoy his uniqueness, his precision, his sensibility, etc.
SWITZ

Post by SWITZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 pm

I feel that Jimmie dale Gilmore has the most authentic country voice today.
Oh.....there was this Britney Spears cd under the front seat....could it still be your old car ? :?
Steven

Post by Steven » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi SWITZ,

Nah, couldn't be my old car. :)

Return to “Other music”