Lana Del Rey

This section is for all other music-related topics
Sonia_Music

Lana Del Rey

Post by Sonia_Music »

Im glad there are other music threads apert from Leonard (as much as I love his music I do listens to other artists)

Have may people listemed to Lana Del Reys music? I think she is wonderfully eerie and talented and very different sounding.

:D

She is another artist I want to see this year but by the sounds of things her concerts will sell out very quickly!
“Compassion is most important for happiness. We must treat fellow human beings as equal. So the innate desire for happiness that is the basis of human rights extends to all sentient beings, including animals and insects.”—His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Diane

Re: Lana Del Rey

Post by Diane »

Hi Lisa, I agree Lana Del Rey is pretty good, from what I've heard so far. I like her distinctive voice. I believe it was necessary to censor some of the wording of Born to Die...
Sonia_Music

Post by Sonia_Music »

Diane wrote:Hi Lisa, I agree Lana Del Rey is pretty good, from what I've heard so far. I like her distinctive voice. I believe it was necessary to censor some of the wording of Born to Die...
Really I havnt heard of this, I used think she is a very talented lady. What other music do you listen to?
“Compassion is most important for happiness. We must treat fellow human beings as equal. So the innate desire for happiness that is the basis of human rights extends to all sentient beings, including animals and insects.”—His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Marlene J.

Post by Marlene J. »

I'm really fond of Lana, I like her (fashion) style, unique voice and catchy melodies. "Million Dollar Man" is one of my favourite songs, I think it has a sort of classy touch to it, yet you can tell that it's modern pop music. "Without You" is also a favourite.

What are everyone's favourite song(s) by Lana?
2012: Fredriksten Fortress, Halden, Norway
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

She's amazing, touching me with every album.

Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon Sampler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2VBFxt4zOM
Manuela

Post by Manuela »

Love her version of Chelsea Hotel. Great voice.
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B »

One of my favourites...

Blue Velvet.
https://youtu.be/H0gr2abrE64
'Take the breath of a new dawn
And make it a part of you.
It will give you strength'
panjandrum

Post by panjandrum »

I'm really enjoying Lana's newest (Honeymoon). It's a real shame that she apparently can't actually sing (90% of the live performances I've heard are beyond bad; just nails-on-the-chalkboard-ear-coveringly-awful). It shows how much I enjoy her creativity and lyrics that I'll listen to her anyway because usually I consider singers who can't sing and use electronic methods to cover it to be the equivalent of a guitarist who can't actually play a guitar (not worth our time). Then again, I listen to Tom Waits, who actually CAN sing but uses an affectation to pretend that he can't... (I admit that I still like his early work like Heart of Saturday Night the best; before he stopped singing and started gargling...)

At any random tangental rate, I thought some of you might not know that Lana has two earlier albums, the first of which is pretty much an acoustic work (and, IHMO, pretty good). They lack a little professional polish, but well worth a listen if you enjoy Lana:

Sirens (as May Jailer)
Lana Del Rey (aka Lizzy Grant)
(the rest everyone knows)

Return to “Other music”