Bjork

This section is for all other music-related topics
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

There's a cute cartoon I'll send you privately, Bee. You're right about the nightmare with the hurricanes. Ivan was no exception, with 33 deaths [so far ~ every time I go to sign out, the count is higher :cry: , so I return to Edit it to the appropriate number] on the U.S. mainland, and a storm surge that traveled inland for one mile :shock: ! In one area, a whole neighbourhood is under 10 feet of water! The only sign of there having been one there is the telephone poles :cry: . For us, it turned out to be "much ado about nothing" ~ however, for others, it was much ado about everything. Accounts like this are particularly sad, but the problem is that you just 'never know' ~ "In Louisiana, four evacuees died after being taken from their storm-threatened homes to safer parts of the state."

Now, we have Jeanne coming; and I just heard/read that there's some fool named Karl, that just formed behind her! There's no longer even breathing room between them :shock: .

Here's something that captures your thoughts on it :wink: :
"People are just sick of it," groaned Dennis Mace, who as a handyman is one of the few Floridians benefiting after the third hurricane in five weeks assaulted the Sunshine State. Hunting for work in the wake of Ivan, Mace spotted a sign that summed up the feelings of many:

It read: '1 Charley, 2 Frances, 3 Ivan, 4 Sale.'

You'll never convince me, however, that California is in no danger ~ either with Arnie at the helm, or the earthquakes themselves. Sometimes, I fear for Leonard, and everyone in his world there, but try to dismiss those thoughts. I, also, hope that with my dismay regarding the deaths from this storm, that I am not misunderstood to be elevating their importance, or the tragedy of them, over the tragic loss of lives, in other areas of the world, as a result of Nature or man :cry: .

~ Lizzy
bee

Post by bee »

Darling Lizzy- tommorow de big day-uh :lol:
Are u gonna have a party?
I think I will, this is going to be a great day to celebrate- de LEONARDO!!!
Please don't forget- April 15- Leonardo daVinci!
Morrow- September 21- Leonardo daCohen !
Congrats to u too, I know u love this day!
If there is any luck, I'll be in my favorite Foreign Cinema restaurant. :P
luv, bi
bee

Return to “Other music”