Captain Beefheart passes away

This section is for all other music-related topics
MegaMilton

Captain Beefheart passes away

Post by MegaMilton » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 am

He was one of my all time favorite artists. I'm curious to know if there are any other Beefheart fans here, if so please reply if you have anything to say about him.
sue7

Re: Captain Beefheart passes away

Post by sue7 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:24 am

I hadn't listened to his music for many years, but was reminded when I listened to some of his stuff on youtube yesterday how much I enjoyed his music. A really unique musician with incredible energy.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi MegaMilton,

I was quite shocked to hear that the Captain died last week, as I thought that he had already departed! (when the Magic Band toured without him, I assumed that he had gone). I must have been tuning in though, as I put "I'll Follow the Yellow Brick Road" on my Facebook page, a couple of weeks ago. This was the first song that I heard by him, on John Peel's radio show. The only albums that I have by Beefheart are "Safe as Milk" and "Unconditionally Guaranteed", but "Trout Mask Replica" has always intrigued me (I enjoyed the documentary of the making of it on TV, a few years back). I only saw the Captain play live once - at The Theatre Royal in Drury Lane in 1974.

All good things, John E
basecamp

Post by basecamp » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:56 pm

MegaMilton wrote:He was one of my all time favorite artists. I'm curious to know if there are any other Beefheart fans here, if so please reply if you have anything to say about him.
I'm a huge Beefheart fan too. When I first heard the news it was like loosing a dear friend...The world is gettin' worse.
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam

Return to “Other music”