New Live Album From Tom Waits

This section is for all other music-related topics
MegaMilton

New Live Album From Tom Waits

Post by MegaMilton » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:26 pm

It's from his recent tour. I'm really excited about it. I hope that 'Lucinda/Ain't Going Down To The Well' is the version from Paris that I saw on you tube, that was amazing. Also really looking forward to the Isle of Wight from Leonard Cohen. My top two artists have new releases and I'm very happy about it.
BlizzardofIce

Re: New Live Album From Tom Waits

Post by BlizzardofIce » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 pm

http://anti.com/catalog/view/145/Glitter_and_Doom_Live
Disc Two is a bonus compendium called TOM TALES, which is a selection of the comic bromides, strange musings, and unusual facts that Tom traditionally shares with his audience during the piano set. Waits' topics range from the ritual of insects to the last dying breath of Henry Ford.
Amazing! No-one can tell a story like tom waits does on the stage.
The CD has a dead man singing to his widow, a convict’s last words, an instructional dance number, lamenting sword swallowers and bragging pirates. All of the tracks were personally selected and sequenced to give you the feeling of one great night on tour.
I sat on the front row in 1999, three meters away from him.
Most thrilling experience in my life, after the birth of my child.
There are many ways a man can serve his time
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm

i don' t know...

i just can' t help believing that someone wanted to make a bad joke with this.
i mean, well, disc one is really great. but 16 songs? and considering "live circus" a song appears to be very generous to me...
that' s not much! it' s better than 6 songs, alright! but 50 minutes of "tom tales" on disc two? what the f**k!?!
frankly, listening to the "dead ringer"-story over and over again, knowing that there' ll be no "there' s a house on my block..." or "she' s up against the register..." at the end makes me sad! that' s why i didn' t even listen to the entire "tom tales" thing yet...

without the songs they surround, the tales are just half as good as they' re supposed to be!

by the way:
i live in berlin, but i did not yet find a place where they serve "swastika soup"... :lol:
maybe i have to look more carefully?!? ;-)
dharma

Post by dharma » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm

MegaMilton wrote:I hope that 'Lucinda/Ain't Going Down To The Well' is the version from Paris that I saw on you tube, that was amazing.
think you might be talking about my video there - over 25,000 views now 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXKkWj6OEJw
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009

Return to “Other music”