Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Pete

Re: Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Post by Pete »

lortigosa wrote:Hello Lizzy (and everyone),
Judy can´t post her picture because it happens to be in my camera :) And until wednesday I won´t have a proper computer, it´s taking ages even for me to write this...
By the way, hello, this is my first post (although I follow some discussions here). I´m Luisa from Barcelona, and oh yes, I was the one who was jumping and bouncing around when Leonard left... what can I say? It was too much contained emotion for me. In front of Him I managed to just tremble like hell :D
I went there just to meet all of you (easier now that I live in UK), but that was great. Thanks for making it possible. And Judy, thanks specially to you for the ticket, that rounded the day even more! I´ll send you the pictures on Wednesday.
Now I only need to get some good sleep, since 2 days ago a Canadian guy is haunting my dreams and I wake up still smiling and trembling... :)

See you,
Luisa
Luisa
I didn't really get to say hello to you at the Green Note. I tried after Leonard had gone but I couldn't reach up to the ceiling :D
Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Diane

Post by Diane »

What an Amazing weekend!

Thanks so much Padma and Harry, for choosing the perfect venue, and for all the work you did for the event. Thanks Pete, Henning, Michael, Lizzie, Harry and Paul for performing for us. And thanks to everyone who came - it was fantastic, just wonderful, to spend time with old friends, too numerous to mention (!), and meet new ones such as Joney/Laura, Judy and Ruben.

No time to write at the mo, but I just found out how to post pictures on here (thanks Margaret), so here's another pic of Leonard at the Green Note:
Attachments
LC3small.jpg
LC3small.jpg (87.04 KiB) Viewed 4137 times
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Leonard looks GORGEOUS 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

I was about to say "Hey Luisa you got me wrong - I'm not Canadian" but then again I never talked to Luisa and Pete of course showed up with a joke of real class. It was great to meet you Pete. I'm still smiling now. Great performance man - plugged and unplugged.

It's me - the next morning - still in awe

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Great poem to describe the night, Pete 8) . I'd have loved to see you jump, Luisa :D . Hope someone just happened to catch it on camera :D . What was your joke of real class, Pete? Or, is it better if told by someone else... which puts it back to Henning? Or, will that be in your record of the day, once you calm enough to write it, Henning?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

Lizzy - I was just referring to Pete's inability to reach up to the ceiling !
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I see. I was still at the Barbican and thought you meant how he showed up there. Oh well.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Pete

Post by Pete »

lizzytysh wrote: :D WoW :D

So, how many opted for the cab, Leonard style ;-) ?

~ Lizzy
Hi Lizzy
I was going to ask Leonard if he had room in his cab but a little voice in my head told me different :)
I was also going to ask Leonard for his £3 towards the hire of the Green Note but a bigger voice in my head told me not to :)

BTW Hope Padma and Diane collected enough to cover all costs...let us know if you're out of pocket!!

as for the cab...I shared a cab with Paula and Megan and Daniel. I think everyone else caught the tube.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
margaret

Post by margaret »

What a wonderful day :D

I was so overwhelmed on suddenly seeing Leonard in our midst. Once again I was lost for words when approaching him, but couldn't let the opportunity pass, even though I was hot and flustered and felt like a complete idiot! It was great to see the joy of all the people there at seeing and meeting him after so many years of admiration. I will try to post a couple of photos when I get a bit more organised.

For Paula - a Leonard Glass afternoon followed by a Philip Glass evening :)

Thank you so much to Diane and Padma for organising the meetup, and especially to Padma and Harry for their hospitality.

I was not expecting to enjoy the performance after some earlier reviews, but was pleasantly surprised and I did in fact enjoy it greatly!

Thank you very much to Leonard himself for coming to meet us, and making so many people so happy.

Margaret
linmag

Post by linmag »

I expect to find the glass safe and sound in your care when I visit next. Porcelain sinks are a glass's natural enemy... take care .
Unless I have completely misread Paula, Lizzy, that glass will be going nowhere near a sink, porcelain or otherwise :)
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Paula

Post by Paula »

You are so right Linda. On a scale of 1 to 10 how sad am I?
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Pete

Post by Pete »

9.9 (I'll grant you 0.1 sanity)

BTW..is anyone working today? :D
Pete
margaret

Post by margaret »

Pete wrote:BTW..is anyone working today? :D
Not me! it's just as well as I wouldn't be able to concentrate.
Henning

Post by Henning »

I am working since the Pound is heavier than the Euro and I need to fill up my pockets again.
IT'S DARKER NOW
linmag

Post by linmag »

Paula, you only did what had to be done. As you so rightly said, any right-minded Cohen fan would have done the same, and it is greatly to your credit that in such exceptional circumstances, when others were dancing around on the pavement, or bouncing gently against the ceiling, you were the one with your feet on the floor, your wits about you and the glass in your handbag :)

Guard it well! You hold it in trust for all those of us who were not there (dammit!) to beat you to it :)
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena

Return to “Other gatherings”