Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
lizzytysh

Re: Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, Megan... Oh, Paula... That photo is classic! Stunningly beautiful of you both!! He's so handsome and so happy :D . And you are happy, too :D 8) :D !! I want a print of it... the kind made at a pharmacy, the old-fashioned kind, the kind you can hold in your hand... glossy... and can frame. Yes... I sure will frame. I am SO happy for you, Megan :D !!! Impossible for me to look at it without smiling, too :D . And, Paula... I know you're happier with this photo of you and Leonard than you were your last. Please include it with Megan's for my portfolio! Splendid 8) .

Love to you both,
well all three, really,
Lizzie
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm so glad you got to meet Leonard, Andrea :D !! Does your comment about Willy mean that she and Wijbe got to meet him, too :D !?! I can so easily imagine her hugging you 8) ! In fact, I can feel it :lol: 8) !! Photos PLEASE, Wijbe... of all of you meeting him!!

And, Pete, with your flying issues... well, if Muhammed can't go to the Mountain... I guess the Mountain will just come to Muhammed, eh? Good on you... :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
linmag

Post by linmag »

Just read your report from earlier Linmag - we will never let you hear the end of it, that you missed meeting Leonard Cohen for some lifesized terracotta statues. You have have to see the funny side.
There's a funny side? :?

OK, give me another six years or so!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
margaret

Post by margaret »

Dolores
Attachments
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 001 (Small).jpg
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 001 (Small).jpg (26.17 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
margaret

Post by margaret »

Andrea from Verona, with Padma on the right
Attachments
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 004 (Small).jpg
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 004 (Small).jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
margaret

Post by margaret »

Eric/birdonawire discussing a tour :?:
Attachments
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 009 (Small).jpg
2007 Glass Cohen London Event OCT 2007 009 (Small).jpg (36.61 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Great photo... I'm so glad to see EVERYONE who made it!!! Also VERY glad to see that Leonard doesn't look the least bit stressed in discussing this topic... in fact, he looks very at ease, relaxed, and happy. Good signs :D .

The look on both of your faces is so warm in the one of you two, Andrea 8) .

Oh, you fortunate ones who were there 8) . [I know this has to be killing you, seeing all these photos, Linda :cry: .]

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Lizzy, Eric had just asked Leonard for a look at his little black book and Leonard was reaching into his pocket to get it out. As Leonard did this, he was saying to Eric that, "There's some really good numbers in here and that bloke what wrote the rap about Paula's grin was right on the nose. She's some hot chick!! but go easy on the gin." 8) Then Leonard asked if anyone had seen his glass....
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: And you've noted Eric's look of baited-breath anticipation, yes :lol: ? Trying to stay cool and not to over-grin? It really does seem to be a man-to-man sharing... but I can't imagine Leonard would turn Paula over to anyone and he knows dang well where that glass is!

I LOVE this photo of Leonard 8) 8) 8) ... Sheila seems to have overheard a bit of the conversation and is watching to see how Eric will respond, thinking, "This is going to tell me a lot about that young man... "; whereas, Frauke, also trying to remain cool, seems to be sharing a look of contained astonishment, with someone else who heard their exchange, as well.

Your scenario is tops for wit, but I still like my very first, and original, better :D . We must remember that Leonard is a gentleman. The Chelsea Hotel was a real lesson in that.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
andrea

Post by andrea »

Thank you very much Margaret for the photo :D

I send one I like very much to share with you all

hugs
Andrea
Attachments
our man  046.jpg
our man 046.jpg (40.54 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good Heavens! Leonard needs to do this more often... the side of him that Anjani gets to see is obviously so healthy for him :D !! He just looks immersed in a great time... what a lead-in to the Conversation and the remainder of the evening.

BEAUTIFUL photo, Andrea!

~ Lizzy

I just went and got my supervisor to show her these last two photos :D .
~ Oscar Wilde
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi,
So good to read your stories.When I conquer this photo site maze,I'll leave the other photos I have somewhere and send a link for people to access them.
This is a good one of Harry and Leonard,though I wish he had been taking the photos as some of the others would have turned out better.
I've got more of Eric!!!
Hopefully I'll find time to relate a few of my own stories.
Late Sunday night/Monday morning a bus tour of South London.Although this wasn't as scary as the Tiger Lilies show.
Like Saturday afternoon(and night)and Friday(Jim White),Sunday was a great time.
It was good to meet you all.
Look after yourselves and (each) others
All the best
Dave
Image[/img]
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

It's been really good to read all of the posts in this thread from all of the people who were there and to have a sight of their photographs of one another with Leonard.

My thanks to all of you who were there.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Tim

Post by Tim »

It was great to see everyone at the meetup, although I wish I'd got to Camden early enough to hear Pete sing. I did though see Henning, and later Harry, perform, and got to say hello at least to most people there. So I took a few photos at the Green Note, which you can see by clicking on the picture below. Thanks especially to Padma and Diane for organising it, but to everyone who attended for making the event special (as ever, when cohenfans meet) and thanks to Leonard for taking the time to appear too. I hope everyone who wanted to talk to him got the chance to do so... (if they weren't with the terracotta army anyway :shock: )

Tim

Alan Alda

Post by Alan Alda »

There's just no real fitting way to say how Awesome this was...all adjectives pale in the light of reality.

BIG props to Jarkko for playing miracle worker.

Margaret-thanks for sharing the snap of Dolores. I asked Jarkko the other day if she made it to this party and was delighted to find out she did and was able to meet the Guy. And of course you helped in that process.

cheers,
Laurie
I simply cannot see where there is to get to. Plath
Even despots have access to 'Welcome' mats. Me
Desperation is easily confused with enthusiasm. Me

Return to “Other gatherings”