Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
lortigosa

Re: Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Post by lortigosa »

I finally could watch the Green Note video. Thanks Wijbe!!!! You actually recorded me nervously shaking hands with him and trying to say something coherent. I'm so amazed it really happened!!! Would it be possible to have a copy of the video?? Non edited, if possible...
Also, when I saw the video I realized he was there long before I realized about his presence (when they announced him). Silly me!! I lost at least 5 precious minutes!! And even when the announced was made, I have to confess my reaction to it was thinking "yeah right, keep wishing"... can you believe it? Then I looked up to the stage and actually saw him standing there. My eyes were suddenly wide open :shock: and I just took my camera and almost run in that direction (sorry if I stumbled upon someone on my way :) )

Kisses,
Luisa
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey, Paula 8) ~

Thank you for the real-life copies of the two photos [you and Leonard, and Leonard and Megan], plus the one, like a photo-painting, of Leonard on particle board ~ it's amazing how real it looks when you back away from it just a bit... and the four 'button' pins of Leonard's face from album covers 8) . Such a super gift set. It arrived yesterday, the day after Thanksgiving! All but the buttons were on my wall within the hour. Now I can see those JOY-FULL FACES every day :D !! And Megan looks like a blissed-out movie star and you like one very happy, contented woman to be standing exactly where you were. The photographs are even better as prints than in the gathering's photo gallery. What a gift for Megan to have those to carry with her throughout her life. Such a wonderful memory and it's got to be the best Leonard-and-fan photo I've ever seen! Wish I'd been there to witness that moment.

Haha... I loved what you printed on a label as explanation of contents on the package for every postal worker who came across it to see:
Enclosure
Small picture of Leonard Cohen
The man ROCKS!!
:D Truthful promotion for a great man 8) !!!

Thanks, again.

Love,
Lizzie
Last edited by lizzytysh on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
che

Post by che »

I really like to see the picture from the London meetup and I laugh very much at number 36 picture- this is a good fun joke Mickey with the two microphones, you must have put this second microphone where for the picture.
http://www.cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/London-2007/
Henning

Post by Henning »

Great observation, Che. That's funny indeed. That's how he his. With his high self-esteem he is expecting good comments from all his openings.

http://www.cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/London-2007/group36.jpg
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

che wrote:I really like to see the picture from the London meetup and I laugh very much at number 36 picture- this is a good fun joke Mickey with the two microphones, you must have put this second microphone where for the picture.
http://www.cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/London-2007/

2 Mikes are better than one, but there is only one mickey_one so I don't know what you are talking about, speak upwards will you, I think you need a mike...
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Henning wrote:Great observation, Che. That's funny indeed. That's how he is. With his high self-esteem he is expecting good comments from all his openings.

Hello Trouble, I will deal with you later, Headmaster's Study, 4 pm tomorrow. I'll learn you how to behave, so-called "Henning". However, I happily confirm that all my openings make great noises (but I'm not sure they ever actually comment on anything). btw do you notice that Leonard is the only one paying attention to what I am saying, he is so polite.
~greg

Post by ~greg »

Somebody evidently can't read body-language any better than poetry.
LC was obviously desperately trying to communicate with this classic pose:

It is called the "Please hurry up and get on with it and over with it because I really really really have to use the facilities." pose.
(run-on like that.)
che

Post by che »

greg I think the woman in black with the black hair fall by her face is rapped up in mickeys word too with Leonard
Diane

Post by Diane »

Andrea and Willy look ecstatic, all the time, in that pic, in all the pics, and in the video 8) .

Some great expressions caught On That Day. e.g in pic group 7. I also really like Jarkko's pic of Leonard with Anne, group 26. I'm afraid I'll have to nick it, and make it black and white.
margaret

Post by margaret »

I would like to add all/most of Jarkko's collection from the files onto my computer so I can put them all together with others I have on one photo cd, but I haven't figured out how to do this, yet. :?
Diane

Post by Diane »

Margaret, click on the individual pic you want to save, in the size you want to save it. Place your cursor over the picture. Then right click and then 'save picture as'. Set where you want to save it in the box that comes up. Press 'save'.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Thanks Di,
I will try that tonight. Right now the sun is shining and I feel the urge to get outside. Bought some bargain plants yesterday - couldn't resist, so will have to get them in the ground today, if I can find space.
Diane

Post by Diane »

:idea: There's no need to water your new plants this weekend, Margaret!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

All photos in the Gallery are available in three sizes: thumbnail on the Gallery page, medium size and original camera size (if I have received it).
The biggest are from 1 to 4 MB - very good for paper prints, too. Just click on any of the photos to see it in bigger size, and athen gain for the biggest!
margaret

Post by margaret »

For attention of UK fans who met Leonard this year

If you shop at a Tescos store which has a digital photo lab you can get a keyring made from one of your photos by taking in a cd or memory card (and get extra club card points worth more than the cost of the keyring :D ) Offer ends 9th December

see http://www.tesco.com/photo

Return to “Other gatherings”