Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Paula

Re: Leonard was our Special Guest at the London meetup

Post by Paula »

My GLASS!!!! Thank you so much for doing this video Willy and Wijbe you have brought it all back to life. In the heat of the moment you forgot. Treasured memories.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi all, dear Willy and dear Wijbe
nice to see those emotional moments again, I forgot the details of it .
And thank you Willy for keeping me up;-) I feel quite embarrased :oops: but feelings just came out, I could definetly not control them for the happyness I felt :-)
Anyway it happened to be real.... it was a long time we were waiting for the Miracle to come......and there it was :D
I hope Leonard realized how many people got so happy for his appearance and that again he has changed something in our lives....
Thanks, love
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Paula

Post by Paula »

Jarkko as someone else suggested would it be possible to put it on a link on either the main page or on its own. It is a gem I would hate to see it get lost in the threads some where
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Anne

Post by Anne »

Have you paid the Green Note for 'your' glass yet, Paula?
Kush

Post by Kush »

Hi Paula,

I would be extremely disappointed if you were to ever pay for the glass. Its the principle of the thing. And I wish you many more glasses - quick hands and a sliding motion is essential (if you need any pointers on the technique feel free to contact me).
Diane

Post by Diane »

I thought you were just joking about Paula owing for the glass, Anne. As Padma said earlier, the Green Note manageress was delighted to have had Leonard visit the cafe, and I think they'll reap a bit of publicity from it. Really don't think they'd have a problem with the loss of one glass, especially considering the nice 'story' attached. If I'd thought of it first, I'd have nicked it myself.

Diane
Last edited by Diane on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paula

Post by Paula »

We are just a forum of tea leaves.

Anne not sure if you are joking or not but it is a glass it is not an object of huge value it is worth about 30p. They get broken with regularity at pubs etc. They can afford to lose a glass.

Kush and Diane I think I have found my team for a Hustle!
Diane

Post by Diane »

Paula, one day you'll have to bring it along to a meetup, and let us all have a butchers at the famous glass you half inched. You can trust none of us to switch it for a 'fake' glass. Can't you? Meantime, don't drop it, for god's sake.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Paula ~

You may want to check on a royalties arrangement with the Green Note. Every 10 times you mention your Glass, they can cut you a cheque for a reasonable amount. This side of that, you could send them a bill for it, but I fear they'll pay it ONLY if they can get the Glass back with a Certificate of Authenticity enclosed. I think I'd go for the royalties, as you'll have no problem dropping it into various conversations across the globe. You may want to carry a still photo of it, as that may entitle you to a higher amount per 10 mentions. They'll have to trust you on the honour system with your arrangement, but that won't be a problem, as they'll recognize your ability to recognize and express Ultimate Truths.

Give it all some serious thought, though. Once the Green Note and you sign on the dotted line, it's a done deal.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Paula

Post by Paula »

Diane I can't quite adam and eve it that Anne is getting into such a 2 and 8 over a half inched glass. Do you think she could be taking the Michael. Michael by the way thought I wanted the glass for a Jimmy. I think Anne wants her bumps felt!
Pete

Post by Pete »

I have had a private audience with the 'glass'. Paula showed it to me when we got to the Barbican. I didn't touch it though for fear of smudging the fingerprints :D
I am very privileged :D

Paula..there is no need to pay for the glass.
Remember the old saying....

'If you stumble upon nearest glass
in a place whence idols tread
then take that glass for it be yours
to hide under yon bed'

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

to hide under yon bed'
Pete's right, Paula. I remember coming across that in an olde anthology.

~ Lizzie
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Pete

Post by Pete »

lizzytysh wrote:
to hide under yon bed'
Pete's right, Paula. I remember coming across that in an olde anthology.

~ Lizzie
Thanks Lizzie :D
I knew I hadn't made it up!!
It looks like we both have the same anthology on our respective bookshelves... 'Sayings for every Occasion, Vol 1' compiled by D.E.A.Fere.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Diane

Post by Diane »

Last edited by Diane on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pete you crack me up :lol:

Lizzie I do love all these old adages don't you.

Return to “Other gatherings”