PRE-PIGALLE PRANDIAL ?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
david birkett

PRE-PIGALLE PRANDIAL ?

Post by david birkett »

To anyone heading for Anjani in London next month - fancy meeting up for a bite to eat or drink (not bite for the latter, obviously).

PS I wish Jools Holland hadn't tinkled all over her song.

David
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
david birkett

...OH WELL

Post by david birkett »

Actually I've always thought that the activity of dining alone is under-rated.
Padma

Re: PRE-PIGALLE PRANDIAL ?

Post by Padma »

David - we will. Soho is not far from the event - plenty of eating and drinking places to pick from - will not eat at Pizza Hut, McDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken - open to (most) other suggestions. I think Tim may join us as well.

Padma
david birkett

Post by david birkett »

Dear Padma -

I'm glad there are still some people in the world to take pity on a middle-aged man looking for dining company. How about the Pizza Express in Haymarket?

David
Padma

Post by Padma »

Did you read my post? Did I say I would eat in a Pizza Hut? I only frequent such places at lunchtime to maximise the lunchtime lunch deals - eat as much as you like and all that stuff!!! After 6 o'clock, I am strictly Soho. Do you know Bar Italia in Soho, or Maison Bertaux or the French Bar? No, David, they do not have a Pizza Hut or indeed a McD's in Soho (thank goodness!!). So much for the "you pick the restaurant!!!" and I'll show....I guess what I really meant was pick the one I want to go to!! (sorry). Have you ever been to Melati's in Great Windmill Street - food is a bit hit and miss - but when it's a hit day, it's really good! Alternatively, we could meet outside Leicester Square Tube - by the theatre (can't remember the name) and meander until we find somewhere we all like. I will email Tim and find out when he intends to arrive in London. I take it you will travel from Hitchin?
Padma
Padma

Post by Padma »

Just realised you have suggested Pizza Express and not Pizza Hut - yes, that might be a good place to meet. I stand corrected.......
Padma
david birkett

Post by david birkett »

Dear Padma -

I tried to PM this, as our debate over the worthiness of Soho eating places is probably of limited interest to the rest of the Forum, but the PM screen in this new format was too intimidating and confusing and I gave up like the domitable person that I am.

I'll be coming from work (North London) and am ENTIRELY happy to eat anywhere you suggest, as long as they do at least 1 vegetarian meal or else are preapared to show me a very high quality photograph of a lentil. I also promise never to use the word 'pizza' in your presence again.

Who's Tim?

David
Tim

Post by Tim »

Who's Tim?
who indeed?

Actually, I'll be in London all afternoon beforehand, so can meet you both whenever and wherever convenient...

Tim
Padma

Post by Padma »

David, Tim, Harry and I are meeting outside the theatre next to Leicester Square station (it's the one diagonally opposite the Hippodrome) at 6.30pm. We're planning to have a bite to eat and head to the Anjani gig for around 8.30. If anyone else cares to join us, please pm me.

Return to “Other gatherings”