South Wales get-together 15th July 2006

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Diane

South Wales get-together 15th July 2006

Post by Diane »

A small meeting of forum members will take place on

Saturday 15th July, The Railway, on the corner of Station Hill and Derwen Road, Bridgend at 7.30pm

We will have the opportunity to meet newcomer Tsultrim, and to remind ourselves about what John looks like, as he has been on extended leave. Rumour has it we may even have an attendee from across the border.

Please note there will be no food, no entertainment, no quizzes, and no presents. However, a boat trip can be arranged for later in the evening, if it seems like a good idea at the time.

Diane
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Diane ~

If you're going to drink, you may want to eat :wink: ~ otherwise, have a great time :D 8) :D .

Love,
Lizzy
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Lizzy,

We will, thanks :D . It's always great to meet with Leonard people 8) .

Love,

Diane
Tony

Post by Tony »

Will the snake be there or will someone come in an alligator suit? Or crocodile shoes at least?
Tim

Post by Tim »

I hope your attendee from across the border remembers his passport...
Diane

Post by Diane »

Alas, Tony, I fear there will be no snake in attendance this time, although all are welcome.

btw, I notice how you pop up in these meeting threads. Methinks you have a secret yearning to come along and listen to the conversation, interjecting with the odd incisive comment...
I hope your attendee from across the border remembers his passport...
Tim, I haven't identified this person, lest England have done well in the football by the time we meet. The natives in my wonderful adopted land can be more hostile than usual at such times. A passport will not help. Just remain silent.

Diane :D
Last edited by Diane on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Sadly i cannot cross the pond for this one, but i am sure you will manage just fine anyway (stop cheering at the back).

p.
(You can stop cheering at the front too)
Diane

Post by Diane »

That's a pity, Partisan, but we are right out in the sticks here, not that accessible for most. Look forward to seeing you again at the next 'proper' UK meet, assuming you are not going to Berlin.

Diane
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

I have extended an invite to a "closet" German and a man from "y gogledd"

Don't know if they will turn up yet but....
To err is human
To forgive is against government policy

JTS
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Diane as you can see I have turned my computer on :) I should be there it will be nice to meet up with old and possibly new friends. Now just where did I put my crocodile shoes?

Wendy
margaret

Post by margaret »

I just checked with Mapquest and it is 200 miles from here to Bridgend :( I will think about it and let you know.
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Have a good think Margaret, it would be lovely to see you again.

Wendy
Diane

Post by Diane »

The more the merrier, John, hope they both make it. Wendy, that's the second time this month you've turned your computer on. Steady on now :wink: . 'Twil be great to see you again, too.

Blimey, Margaret, Rob originally suggested we just meet for a drink, expecting only us few in South Wales to attend. If you do come it would be fantastic to see you! 200 miles is a long way. How many miles is it for you, Tim?

Diane :D
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Tim wrote:I hope your attendee from across the border remembers his passport...
Just a piece of information I picked up on the airways... one of the football players in the Argentina team has a German father, Italian mother, and he was brought up in Patagonia, using Welsh as one of his first languages. I can only speak ingleesh and gibberish. :oops:
But my gibberish is well regarded in certain quarters. Hind quarters :roll:
Last edited by Byron on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

But my gibberish is well regarded in certain quarters. Hind quarters :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see you back, Byron :D . Been missing you.

~ Lizzy

Return to “Other gatherings”