Question for Bristol Attendees.

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:41 pm

That's almost Evel Knievelish, isn't it? I understand he's now hawking motorbikes for the elderly and overweight amongst us.

What a first lesson in mountain biking, Diane :shock: . Not exactly the image I had in mind, but hey, as long as we survive to tell the tale, much more exciting than my imagination had it 8) .

Depends on who's driving, I guess. If you, I guess we'd better play it safe with "boot;" and if me, with "trunk" ~ in our moments of potential panic, it'd be a shame for me to be desperately checking my footwear, and you looking for an elephant. When seconds are the one thing we won't have to spare, our fate could fall into the hands of terminology :shock: .

Love,
Lizzy :wink:
Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Lizzy, just keep calm, keep all your joints loose for the landing and trust in the bike, and everything will be just fine. Tense up and you're a goner :shock: .
...our fate could fall into the hands of terminology
:lol: You are so right. We will speak the language of the driver, agreed. Also, I suggest we get well-rehearsed in the German for 'boot/trunk', 'oh my God I'm too young to die', and, 'why are you talking about elephants at a time like this', to save wasting time looking up the phrase book.

Love,

Diane :wink:
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:40 pm

:lol: Diane ~ Post-haste, Margaret :lol: .
. . . keep all your joints loose for the landing and trust in the bike . . .
That's easy for you to say :lol: ...

Next paycheck buys the film.

Love,
Lizzy :D
Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi Lizzy :D ,

Well, the cliff they go off is rather high, as you will discover, so maybe we best also be wearing parachutes, just to be sure. What's the German for 'what do I do to open this thing :shock: '?
Post-haste, Margaret
I was thinking, Lizzy, that maybe Margaret and Ali could come with us when we go on our little jaunt out of town. That would be rather nice. And you know what they say, 'four heads are better than two'. What do you say, girls :D ?

Love,

Diane :wink:
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Oh, yes ~ that'd be great :D ! Perhaps, Paula and Megan will want to come, too 8) .

True on the saying :lol: ~ especially when you consider the nature of the heads :wink: .

I 'almost' parachute jumped about 20 years ago, until I went to the 4-hour training prep for it, and saw how quickly :shock: they were putting unprepared :shock: people out of the planes, in the afternoon ~ absent a radio for troubleshooting :shock: . I later learned some deaths occurred at that facility. Like I was surprized!?!

Well ~ I can tell you that there are generally two, basic kinds of malfunctions ~ one's called a fast malfunction and the other's called a slow malfunction. The problem is with recognizing which it is, whilst in a state of panic, and being able to execute the appropriate procedure for addressing it :shock: . With us, we might keep it to a single, unresolvable malfunction ~ "Look! Lizzy and Diane got their parachutes tangled :roll: ."

Love,
Lizzy

< * can't wait ~ can't wait ~ can't wait * >

Return to “Other gatherings”