Byron Bay meet-up December 20th 2005

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
mickey_one

Byron Bay meet-up December 20th 2005

Postby mickey_one » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:02 am

This annual event took place at the glorious Rae's at Watego Beach boutique hotel, http://www.raes.com.au/intro.htm

The meeting was well attended with 100% turn-out from the registered participants.

Mr Andrew Darbyshire, a native of Australia, was in the chair. Mr Michael Wolkind, the other person present, was on the sofa.

After a short introductory speech, Mr Darbyshire ordered his lunch. Mr Wolkind seconded this proposal and soon he was eating as well!

The sun came out from behind the no clouds in the sky. Children and loving parents played on the adjacent sand beach. The sea was just 30 seconds walk further on. Even on a sticky day, you couldn't really argue that was too far to go, and this wasn't even a sticky day!

Many birds flew in the sky and sometimes, if you observed with care, you could see one or two fly down and down. Goodness, you could nearly touch them. I hope they do not land too close to children or Seniors.

After desert and port, there was an open Mike session followed by an open Andrew session. I have to admit, I had never heard of that before!

It was getting on to almost 7.30 pm and the 2 chaps decided they had had enough excitement for one day.

Mr Darbyshire left in his motor vehicle.

Mr Wolkind went to bed and slept very soundly.

It had been a very successful Event. Although everyone was tired they agreed to meet again, but this time in the future.
Andrew (Darby)

Postby Andrew (Darby) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:17 am

Yes, this was indeed a wonderful event! :D

Mr Wolkind I'm sure will never regret that he "came so far for beauty"! :wink:

Thanks again for your hospitality and generosity Michael!

We will have to do a repeat of this sometime! 8)

Regards :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:06 am

This is great, Michael and Andrew :lol: ~ but, there are no photos of you!

Waiting,
Lizzy
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:52 pm

Was the event witnessed from the heights of the cliff and lighthouse?......... http://www.byronbaymotorcycles.com/
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:59 pm

< * these existential meetings have got to stop... people will stop booking flights * >
dar

Postby dar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:12 am

A very exclusive event, obviously. I can just feel the love in the air, the romance, the bondage...oops, bonding. Beautiful venue!
I will be working toward making the "A" list for next year.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:16 am

:lol:

Return to “Other gatherings”