Bristol Meet-Up Final Details

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:17 pm

Byron, tell the little guy not to worry! K-K is back to normal now. Also she has requested (as she was left alone) that the little guy requests some frozen mousicles along with his honey and cheese. she would be honoured to attend his gathering :D
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi Diane ~

Oh, dear, I see the expectations are running high. I will need to purchase "Thelma and Louise" and alternate German lessons/"Thelma and Louise"/German lessons/"Thelma and Louise"/German lessons... I may need to take some time off work ~ "Reason for Request: Get ready to go to Berlin."

Ah, you're right. How silly of me... of course money won't be an issue! Criminal mindset, criminal mindset, criminal mindset... when will I ever get this right!?!

I'm primarily vegetarian, too ~ I never buy meat, nor order it, but if it's served to me, I will eat at least a little of it. If I visit another country and it's part of their traditional cuisine, I will try it. However, I think I'm fairly good at description [food, in particular :P ~ you know how priorities can be :wink: ], so I'll be happy to give you a blow-by-blow description :D .

WoW ~ So notoriety and living forever await!?! This trip is appearing to be a very good investment 8) :wink: ! I'm off to Blockbusters :) :lol: ...

Love,
Lizzy :D
Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Lizzy :D !
WoW ~ So notoriety and living forever await!?! This trip is appearing to be a very good investment ! I'm off to Blockbusters ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lizzy, I am starting to think I will need a holiday to get over this holiday :shock: .

Actually, Thelma and Louise is a very sad movie, but it is also very well acted and quite brilliant. I love the dialogue in it. Brad Pitt also plays a wonderful part :wink: . Enjoy.

Love,

Diane
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:02 am

Go on Diane, admit it!!! You were going to write that Brad Pitt has a wonderful part!!!!! but chickened out.

It's OK, you're secret is safe with me and Albert. (and K-K)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:54 am

Actually, Byron: No.

Men speak of women in this way, so I can understand your misunderstanding. But for a woman, a man only has a wonderful part, as a consequence of playing a wonderful part. The latter is the important part.

Diane :wink:
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:22 am

Forgive my misunderstanding of your part in the discussion developing into parts on parts that had parts performed by a man of many parts whose part in the art of performances is of particular note. Alas and adieu as our parting is now such sweet sorry for leading into a phrase incomplete and childish in the extreme. I depart hence, having praised depart of Mr Pitt and his acting prowess.

Matron!!!!!!! when's me next session wiv the mind mender?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:23 am

Lizzy, I am starting to think I will need a holiday to get over this holiday :shock: .

Yes, this could, indeed, be true :wink:

Don't they drive off a cliff in the end? I can't recall whether they were both in agreement on this move, but I hope so :shock: ~ Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid comes to mind. It helps knowing that it was, in some fashion, volitional.

Love,
Lizzy :D
Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:38 pm

Byron, come back to the stage and play your parts, your partings are too long! Just remember that love looks not with the eyes but with the mind.

Lizzy said:
Don't they drive off a cliff in the end? I can't recall whether they were both in agreement on this move, but I hope so
They do, and they are. I hasten to add that this is not the way I envisage our holiday in Berlin ending :shock: .

Love,

Diane :D
Wenslauw

Postby Wenslauw » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Diane wrote: They do, and they are. I hasten to add that this is not the way I envisage our holiday in Berlin ending :shock: .
For people who are looking for cliffs after or during the event I can recommend Rugen. A nice island with beautiful cliffs. I think they are the cliffs closest to Berlin. Just trying to be helpful. :twisted:
Beautiful Losers http://www.beautifullosers.org
The Independent Forum for Leonard Cohen Fans
Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:18 am

Cheers Wens, I just looked up Rugen. It sounds worth a visit:
RUGEN

Once popular with the East German party elite, this island on the Baltic is now the favourite weekend getaway for landlocked Berliners seeking sea air. The tall, chalk cliffs of the Stubbenkammer, immortalised by the Romantic painter Caspar David Friedrich, are its most distinctive features, while the most unusual attractions are the Stone and Bronze Age graveyards. Rugen's added claim to fame is that it is Germany's largest island.
What do you reckon, Lizzy? We won't go over the cliffs though, at least not on purpose.

Diane
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:59 am

Well, since I checked for Thelma & Louise today and found it at only one place on DVD for $15.99 USD, the girls are going to have to wait for me til February.

The cliffs sound gorgeous. Did it note how far from Berlin they are? Can you train or bus to it? Wens may have unwittingly helped our holiday get even better :D . Funny how helpful people can sometimes be when all they really want you to do is drive off a cliff :wink: .

Thanks. Glad to know they were in agreement :shock: .

~ Lizzy
Byron

Postby Byron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:08 pm

"Train or Bus it" !!

You're stealin' a friggin' car for 'eaven's sake!

Get a grip. (Of someone else's steering wheel)

Honestly Matron, I despair, I really do despair. Pass the orange pills please....I'm gettin' two of me 'eadaches.

It's turning into three of those days today...................

"Thanks.....that's better"...........
Wenslauw

Postby Wenslauw » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Diane wrote:Cheers Wens, I just looked up Rugen. It sounds worth a visit:
Yeah, it really is worth a visit. The area is quite beautiful.
Beautiful Losers http://www.beautifullosers.org
The Independent Forum for Leonard Cohen Fans
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Geez, Teddy Bear!!!

Don't you know anything about establishing alibis and covering your tracks before you've laid them down :shock: !?! You in that what kind of field where you work? I thought it were somethin' havin' t'do with crime and investigation or somethin', but I guess I were wrong and it was one where potatoes grow :? .

You know ~ "Well, it couldn'ta been Lizzy and Diane ~ there were on a bus/train to somew'ere... can't recall at me moment; but I'm certain, Sir [I know them both well, y'know], that it t'weren't in the direction of the path of that stolen car you're talkin' about there."

< * Diane ~ you seen 'im last ~ 'ow many pills did 'e 'ave wit' 'im, then!?! methinks 'e lost a bottle on th' way back 'ome * >

Teddy Bear ~ I'm going to say this once and once only ~ but will say it slowly:

You're ~ Going ~ To ~ Have ~ To ~ Pay ~ Attention. If ~ You ~ Don't ~ You ~ Could ~ Be ~ My ~ And ~ Diane's ~ Undoing.

Matron~!
Byron

Postby Byron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:09 pm

Blimey, I've been called some things in me time, but never been called an 'undoing.' Alibi? no problem...........no-one worth their salt and honey reads this forum stuff anyway. It's mainly for geeks, weirdos, the terminally-verbally-incontinent, and the medically approved and certified domnoddies, nincompoops, and ninnyhammers, not to mention rattlebrains and rabbitbrains, (pp 507 - 509 'Birds Without Wings'), but I won't mention them, bugger, I just did.

More orange Matron !.........more orange!

Pills........not drink!

Return to “Other gatherings”