Bristol UK Meet Up Saturday 7th January 2006

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:32 pm

Hi Philo!

In my haphazard way of reading this forum I have only just noticed your entry here! How wonderful that you can come along to Bristol. I am looking forward very much to meeting you. I don’t know if Ali has PM’d you with details, but I copy here what she entered in the other thread with the poll in it (everything’s so deluged with silly posts around here :roll: ):
The Meet-Up is at the Ship Inn, Cathay, Redcliffe, Bristol,
On January 7th. We have the Skittle Alley booked from 6pm - although if you want to come earlier, the Pub is open and hot food is available. The Pub is directly behind St Mary Redcliffe Church - roughly a 5 min walk from Temple Meads Railway Station.
Ali has sent me directions, but, being me, I have lost them. In case she doesn’t see this message I will also email her in a moment to ask her to make sure you know where you are going! Please don't get stuck on the M4.

As far as what to bring goes, if you have anything that would be good to raffle please bring that along, as that is how we are raising money to pay for the food and venue. Other than that just bring yourselves. Let us know how many of you are coming.

See you soon,

Diane :D

PS Just discovered that Ali is far more alert than me and sent you directions on Sunday 8) .
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:24 am

Happy Christmas to all of you.
Remember Bristol is only 2 weeks away :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
linmag

Postby linmag » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:56 pm

Thanks to Phil(o) for the email reminding me about this, otherwise I might have forgotten :oops: . We might have to take our daughter back to uni on that day, but will try to persuade her to go on Sunday instead. We might even manage to drag her along with us, as she likes LC's songs when someone else is singing them :roll: . Will see what I can find for raffle prizes :lol:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Disaster has struck!!!

I've broken a finger nail!!! :x

Can I salvage the remains??
Will it grow back in time??
Do I improvise?
Will anyone notice??
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:49 pm

It's Ok Pete, as a man after my own heart that cant count to 5, you will not notice if the other 6 nails on each hand don't match :lol: <oh Pete, between you and me, if it does not grow back in time - I have some false nails, so will sort you out before the meet-up (and promise not to tell anyone as long as you bring a really good gift for the raffle) so no one will notice, honest>
Last edited by Ali on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Does anybody else need details of the venue / contact number for me etc - if you do PM me with your real email and I will send my contacts and a meet-up map.
Love Ali

Only 6 days to go :!: :!: :?
ALI
X
Ali

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:01 pm

RAFFLE PRIZES

Please bring any unwanted xmas gifts / CD's / books etc so we can raffle them to recoup the money spent on the buffet and hire of the room

Thank you
Happy New Year to you all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ALI
X
Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:12 pm

Pete, I am so sorry to hear of your mishap. I hope you realise that Ali's nails, including her false ones, are painted black. Perhaps you might consider dying your hair to match before next Saturday 8) ?
Please bring any unwanted xmas gifts / CD's / books etc so we can raffle them to recoup the money spent on the buffet and hire of the room
Should anyone arrive empty handed, you will be first in line for the silly walk. I hope you have all remembered to practice, I'd hate to see anyone make a fool of themselves.

Diane :wink:
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:21 pm

but I don't wear falsies!!.. the guitar doesn't like it :shock:
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:46 am

This seems terribly obvious, Pete, but under the circumstances, would a pick not suffice?
Wenslauw

Postby Wenslauw » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:04 pm

The Bristol meeting is in a couple of days and it's a pity Cia and I won't be able to make it. I hope you people will all have a great time together. I hope we can meet later under better circumstances.

Now go ahead and party!
Beautiful Losers http://www.beautifullosers.org
The Independent Forum for Leonard Cohen Fans
Mrs. Trellis

Postby Mrs. Trellis » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:44 pm

Looking forward to seeing you all on saturday.
mrs. T
Tony

Postby Tony » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Is that David Cameron at the wheel?
Wenslauw

Postby Wenslauw » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:38 pm

Tony wrote:Is that David Cameron at the wheel?
You mean the MP? Come on, Tony, this is an international forum. Don't make such local jokes. :)
Beautiful Losers http://www.beautifullosers.org
The Independent Forum for Leonard Cohen Fans
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 pm

He looks like someone in the process of incurring closed-head injury to me.
His passengers, as well.

Return to “Other gatherings”