Bristol UK Meet Up Saturday 7th January 2006

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Ali

Postby Ali » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:55 am

No Problem at all Sweetie, hope your stay here is long lived - you would be welcome to come to the Meet-up
Last edited by Ali on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:12 am

Ali!

Katie-Kitten is gorgeous :D 8) :D !!! WoW ~ Double Wow ~ as snakes go! How long is she? Are King Snakes constrictors? [Lie to me on this if you must, Ali ~ she is veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng :shock: ]

Love,
Lizzy
[at-the-ready for rescue]
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:19 am

Welcome to the Forum, Jay :D ~ So, you know Ali? Very cool. Has she talked you into coming to Berlin, yet? You could be part of her entourage and cheering section [where I'll be] when she receives her Award for being the Winner of our Short Story Competition here 8) .

~ Lizzy
Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:48 am

Hi Jay! Looking forward to meeting you in Bristol if you're there.

Yes, isn't Katie-Kitten amazing, Lizzy? Snakes fascinate the hell out of me, firstly because they haven't got any legs, and secondly because when you touch them, they are not cold and slimy, but warm and, er, non-slimy (what's the antonym for slimy?). At least, the ones I've touched are. I can't wait to meet Katie-kitten. What does she eat and how does she kill, Ali? Just wondering, I mean, do you think we should have a punishment for the person who comes last in the competitions?

Diane
Ali

Postby Ali » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:50 pm

For Lizzy and Diane,

Katie-Kitten is just over 5 ft long, but quite slim around, she is about 18 months old.
Kings eat small rats or large mice, hers come frozen as it is (thankfully) illegal in the UK to feed reptiles live vertibrates. As snakes are very hard-wired, she still mimics striking and constricting her 'prey' she can also mimic the behavoiur and characteristics of more dangerous snake breeds if she feels threatened, even though she was born and bred in captivity.

Lizzy, K-K is a constrictor, she has no fangs, just a bony ridge, not unlike a tortoise.

K-K also plays (most snakes are lazy) and likes to kiss and cuddle you.

Diane, I'm sure Lee will get her out so you can play with her :)
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
Cia

Postby Cia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:43 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk! Will it be safe to stay at your place Ali, I don't want too many snakes in my bed!! ? :wink:

Hugs Cia

p.s.: will it be okay to bring my own? I will be very careful that they don't get tangled up. :shock:
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
paula_hansen

Postby paula_hansen » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:04 pm

Before I decide whether to attend your meet-up may I ask if there will be tim for a prayer during the evening.
Tony

Postby Tony » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:58 pm

I am sure tim will be only too happy to say a prayer in order that he does not get swallowed by the snake. It sounds a regular Garden of Eden.
Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:40 am

Hi Ali, she's a constrictor!? Blimey. Does this mean one should not nonchalantly drape her about one's person?
K-K also plays (most snakes are lazy) and likes to kiss and cuddle you.
Well, I 've never kissed a snake before, or a parrot, but... (fill in rest of joke).
Diane, I'm sure Lee will get her out so you can play with her
Lee already mentioned he would get it out for me to play with, but he said not to say anything. But you already know, so that's cool.

Paula, I have been praying about this meeting for months. I do hope you come. People who drive renaults are always on a wing and a prayer...

Diane
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:25 am

Uhhhmm. Ali! Exactly how does constrictor Katie-Kitten cuddle :shock: ?

Antonym of slimey ~ no clue. I think we'd better go with not slimey.

~ Lizzy
Paula

Postby Paula » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:20 pm

This meet is coming along in leaps and bounds no small thanks to all who are organising. I take my hat off to you :lol:
Ali

Postby Ali » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:47 pm

Thanks Paula :lol:

Cia ((HUGS)) Sweetie, you will be quite safe - if you like I can make sure NOTHING dangerous gets into bed with you :lol: :lol: :wink: Just make sure you bring a troop of boy- scouts in case our snakes get knotted up :D

Lizzy and Diane, Katie-Kitten is safe to hang around your necks - she just squeezes really softly (not enough for petichial haemorage :shock: )

Lee has just built a waterfall in her tank today and she has been given a kitten ball with a bell in to push around. (not that we spoil her or anything.......) :?
ALI
X
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:10 pm

. . . and she has been given a kitten ball with a bell in to push around. (not that we spoil her or anything.......) :?
This would be worth the plane fare :D .

< * I'll nickname her Precious Katie-Kitty * >

Love,
Lizzy
Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:40 pm

Paula! Paula Paula, I'm assuming you are not Paula H nor JTS. Please, keep your hat on, Ali has yet to check whether we can afford to keep the heating on in addition to buying all that tequila, and we are talking January.

I am genuinely looking foward to meeting K-K, Ali, and hanging her round my neck. Who needs red needles when you can play with a snake that might just hug you to death.

Diane
philo

bristol uk meet up saturday 7th january 2006

Postby philo » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:55 pm

we will be there to meet y'all on the 7th - where do we find details? what do we need to bring? will definately be there providing weather is not too inclement - I will be travelling from essex and the m4 can be rather a cold and hostile place midwinter...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
life is the school, love is the lesson.

Return to “Other gatherings”