Leonard Cohen films to be shown in Liverpool

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
daveeliver

Leonard Cohen films to be shown in Liverpool

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All,
Leonard meant a lot to many others besides members of this forum and people wish to remember him in different ways.
A person such as this is a lovely lady from Liverpool called Kathleen who Barry and I met a few years ago on a train from London.
She had a Leonard Cohen bag and we were playing his music.
She has organised the following event which I thought I would publicise, not because of need for ticket sales or donations to CALM (though people are welcome to do either) but just to let forum members know that people care.

Leonard Cohen - Live at Woolton Picture House
4.30pm - 7pm Saturday 28th January 2017.
They say January is the most depressing month of the year, so what a fitting time to commemorate the passing of 'The Godfather of Gloom,' Mr. Leonard Cohen.
We will be screening 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Leonard Cohen,' a black-and-white portrait of young Leonard on a visit to his hometown of Montreal.
Following that we will visit Live at the Isle of Wight 1970: 'Nearly 40 summers ago on August 31, 1970, 35-year-old Leonard Cohen was awakened at 2 a.m. from a nap in his trailer and brought onstage to perform with his band at the Isle Of Wight music festival. The audience of 600,000 was in a frenzied mood, after turning the festival into a political arena, trampling the fences, setting fire to structures and equipment- and stoked by the most incendiary performance of Jimi Hendrix's career. As Cohen followed Hendrix's set, onlookers Joan Baez, Kris Kristofferson, Judy Collins stood sidestage in awe as the Canadian Folk singer/songwriter and poet/novelist quietly tamed the crowd.
Tickets are £6.50 which is just a donation to CALM, feel free to donate more if you'd like to!
https://www.thecalmzone.net/
For information email kathleenfitzpatrick@live.co.uk
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/leonard-co ... 6062688665
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
teresaq

Re: Leonard Cohen films to be shown in Liverpool

Post by teresaq »

I would love to attend but unfortunately I will not be free that day. If you post any more events in the North West of England, I will attend if I can.

Return to “Other gatherings”