Party at Linda's!

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Teratogen

Party at Linda's!

Postby Teratogen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:05 am

dear miss linda_lakeside and i have been chatting about an event. she did not go to the event in new york and we decided to have one at her house. no special places to go involving leonard, but just a 3-day weekend to gather, discuss, and booze up and have a grand ol' time. we decided it might get a little messy if a few hundred people show up, so we decided she'd tell her neighbors to take a vacation for a while, let the whole neighborhood know about our party (they can even come too if they'd like), and if the police show up we'll give them some leonard cohen cd's to listen to and that'll either make them so depressed they'll leave or they'll be happy to hear some very good music. hopefully they won't be bothering us. i told her to collect some funds from the members to hire a stage crew to build a stage in her backyard for some of us to perform music and perhaps a poetry jam, if anyone's interested. she can also hire a caterer and a bartender for that matter. however, she apparently doesn't want anything to do with that, so it's up to US to make sure we have ourselves the best damn time ever. this was her last private message to me:

"OK then, we're all set! You can make the official announcement if you like. You know, something like: 3 Day Leonard Event at linda_lakesides living-room. BYOB. If you get hungry...order out for pizza or buy some chips or something. Clean up is being taken care of by C2 [and myself, Teratogen--i volunteered our services, haha]- bring your instruments, 'cause we've got the cops taken care of! Washroom facilities available in town or (for the guys) in the copse of trees at the bottom of the hill."

so there you have it! i also suggested to get an astro-jump for those of us who feel like bouncing around and having fun, and a pin-the-tail-on-the-leonard-picture or something to that effect. i suggested we ought to get joe way, dick straub, geoff gompers, and, of course, jarkko to get in the astro-jump to christen the event. hahaha. linda lives somewhere in canada, i'm not too sure exactly, and we haven't set any dates yet, but i think this'll be one shit-kickin' extravaganza. perhaps we can get people to list the best times for them to come, and hopefully a lot of people are available at the same time, but i doubt it. maybe linda and i will just have to pick a weekend and go from there.

so what do you all think!?
:P :twisted: :lol:
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:39 am

I think I'll not be able to attend :cry:
jurica

Postby jurica » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:09 pm

well, we can always organize one of our own... like 'LC event in Lido' (is that the name of the coffie bar we always go to? i don't remember names well.), Tom Sakic and jurica are coming for sure, and all are invited (Jura Mucko may even come)...

let's see if Teratogen and linda_lakeside will come there!
Paula

Postby Paula » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:33 pm

Thanks Linda - I will be bringing the Twiglets, Gerkins and pickled onions, the dog and the budgie. See you soon :lol:
tom.d.stiller

Postby tom.d.stiller » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:05 pm

As I have been informed by "usually very reliable sources" that the "Spiders from Mars" will be there, unfortunately without "Ziggy Stardust" (he committed a thwarted Rock'n'Roll suicide, and it will take some time before he'll be released from the asylum on Venus), I'm almost sure that I'm going to participate, bringing along some bottle of Pure Highland Malt...

Cheers
tom

PS: "Rumours" say that some members of "Fleetwood Mac" might get on stage to present a new cover version of "The Future"...
Teratogen

Postby Teratogen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:27 am

hey! how'd that info get leaked!? no matter... there's still more surprises in store. i hear tommy chong is a leonard cohen fan... :lol:
tom.d.stiller

Postby tom.d.stiller » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:54 am

"Nice Dreams", but tommy will be "still smokin'" :)
Teratogen

Postby Teratogen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:05 am

hahahaha! :P
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:50 pm

One lazy Saturday morning this little lass went walking and what did she find?????

THIS?????

My address is: Somewhere north of the Arctic Circle. Hope you can find it and hope you all have fun.

Best regards,

Linda Lakeside
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:10 pm

If anyone does not believe my sincerity, I have to point out that that was my 666th post. Attend the festivities at your own risk.

Linda.
tom.d.stiller

Postby tom.d.stiller » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:44 am

linda, me lass, congrats for post 666.

Just keep on the way you are, and I'm gonna bring along a bottle of champagne, the real thing, not just some sparkling wine...

tom
Teratogen

Postby Teratogen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:40 am

oh boy, my favorite number. :twisted:

tom, you bring the champagne, maybe linda will have the beaujolais, and i'll be sitting in the garden mixing margaritas. oh yes, and c2 can be in charge of the children's wet bar. :lol:

Return to “Other gatherings”