Edmonton 2011 Leonard Cohen Night Sept. 17th

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
KimSolez

Edmonton 2011 Leonard Cohen Night Sept. 17th

Post by KimSolez »

I am happy to announce that the 2011 Leonard Cohen Night will be held on September 17th, see below. It is a nice legacy for us that Adam Cohen was our headliner in 2009 and now his career has really taken off!

All the best. - Kim

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Annual Leonard Cohen Night

A celebration of the music and poetry of our Man – Leonard Cohen

September 17, 2011

EDMONTON, AB – August 25, 2011- Leonard Cohen Night returns to Edmonton, Saturday, September 17, 2011 with an evening of poetry and song.

The Cohenights Arts Society presents the 9th annual Leonard Cohen Night in celebration of the 77th birthday of Canada’s favourite poet by featuring the talent of Albertan performers. Crystal Plamondon, Ido van der Laan, and Janaya Ellis of Souljah Fyah will offer their interpretations of the works of Leonard Cohen. As well, the Cohenights Arts Society is pleased to invite Edmonton’s new Poet Laureate to the stage: Anna Marie Sewell.

The show will be held at La Cite Francophone 8627 rue Marie-Anne-Gaboury (91 street). It starts at 8:00 p.m.

Tickets are $30 and are available at lcnight2011@gmail.com

For more information contact Cohenights Arts Society President: Dr. Kim Solez at
780-710-1644 – kim.solez@ualberta.ca or Show Producer: Karen Slevinsky at 780-436-2813 – kjslevinsky@hotmail.com

Or: http://www.leonardcohennights.org/index2011.html

Sponsors:
The City of Edmonton - Edmonton Arts Council
Alberta Foundation for the Arts
Transpath Inc.
Sutton Place
Andrew Peller Ltd.
Big Rock Brewery
phillip

Re: Edmonton 2011 Leonard Cohen Night Sept. 17th

Post by phillip »

I'll be on vacation in New York my first trip to USA! but can't wait to read all about it when I come home! Enjoy :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hey Kim, all the best for your Edmonton event this year - I hope it goes really well and you have lots of folk taking part! :D

Sadly, I won't be attending the Toowoomba event this year, but my thoughts will be there too, of course. ;-)

I can't believe it's 9 years since I attended that wonderful 2002 event in Edmonton! :shock:

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
kjslevinsky

Post by kjslevinsky »

We are getting lots of interest - CBE (French and English), CKUA, CJSR and our website is shaping up:
give it a peek: http://www.leonardcohennights.org/index2011.html
Shaping up to be a great night!

Janaya is auditioning for Canada's Got Talent - tonight! in Edmonton!! Good luck Janaya!
kjslevinsky

Post by kjslevinsky »

...well, my friends are gone and my hair is grey...

Another LCNight is over! Check this link for photos: http://gallery.me.com/evocative1#103520
Special thanks to Dr. Kim Solez for the photos and for posting. Enjoy.

A DVD of the event is being developed contact me if you are interested in a copy, Karen

Return to “Other gatherings”