Toronto Event(September 26th at the Tequila Lounge)

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
El Mo

Postby El Mo » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:30 am

Greetings, all Leonard Cohen fans, fanatics and admirers.

I just wanted to let everyone in Toronto and the surrounding areas know that we have a tribute to Leonard Cohen planned for Thursday, September 26th. If this date strikes a familiar chord in your hearts it might be because it is Mr. Cohen's birthday. Tickets are available at the door only and it is taking place at the Tequila Lounge, located at 794 Bathurst st. in the heart of downtown Toronto. We have a myriad of performers playing Mr. Cohen's finest songs, including Mary Margaret O'Hara, John Borra and Scott B Sympathy. If you have any questions please ask me through the forum, and I'd be happy to answer anything you want to know. Also, check out http://www.elmocambo.com for more information.

Yours,
Nick Flanagan
Natalie

Postby Natalie » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:30 am

Sorry, Nick, but September 26th is not L.C.'s birthday, contrary to popular belief.

I will quote Ira Nadel in Various Positions: a life of Leonard Cohen, page 14: "Leonard Norman Cohen was born on September 21, 1934, a Friday. In the Jewish religion it is said that those born on a Friday are marked for special piety."

Right on! I was born on a Friday, too.

The Victoria Writers' Society is hosting their event on Thursday, September 26, simply because it's almost impossible to rent a venue on the weekend without throwing a thousand dollars in someone's direction.

Good luck with your event in Toronto.

Cheers,
Natalie
El Mo

Oops!

Postby El Mo » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:05 am

:roll:

Well, as somewhat sad it is that we got his birthdate wrong, we will carry on for September 26th with hopes high and with aplomb. Leonard Cohen loves aplomb! Everyone in the Toronto area is encouraged to check out the show, and we'll party up like it was September 21st!

Nick
George.Wright

To El Mo

Postby George.Wright » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:11 am

Good on youse!!!!
Party like it was 1999.
Best Wishes to the event.................Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.

Return to “Other gatherings”