Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Henning

Re: Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Post by Henning »

Hi folks

they expect some severe weather conditions for the weekend in Germany, so best we can do is to escape to the North. Thanks already to our busy Liverpool men for having us depressed cohenites for a few days. I didn't drink any beer since last Saturday so I am kinda thirsty tomorrow. Sorry to hear that there will be no Diane and no Deirdre. What the hell am I going to do with the bottle of water that I am trying to hand her since 2008.

Go Reds go,
give them Spurs a show
they by then might know
Germans cause an undertow
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Newsflash: Brianair are offering a once in a lifetime flight to the South Pole for £3 GBP Book early and get return flight for same price.
Why stay at home in temperatures lower than the South Pole when you can grab this chance to get somewhere warmer?
The usual additional charges will apply with some extras:
Parka coats £10
Boots £10 (each)
Woolie hats £10
Extra pairs of socks £10 (each sock)
Gloves will be charged £10 each if carried into cabin
Any emergency clothing and equipment will be provided for a small nominal fee of 568 Euros
Should it be impossible to land at the South Pole there will be a refund of 2 Euros
All the usual Credit and Debit Card charges will apply.
(Pilot is an optional extra at a cost of 948 Euros (each way) )
A complimentary coffee bean and slice of bread will be served during the flight.
Toilet facilities at the South Pole will be available (One spade to be shared between every 20 passengers)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

All is white...on this 'colour' photograph

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4 ... ainjpg.jpg
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Liverpool - v - Totenhooms postponed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/8443978.stm

A club spokesman said:"Although the Anfield pitch is perfectly playable for the game, the problem we face is the icy condition of the approach roads and paths in the immediate vicinity of the stadium."
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Have a great week-end guys & gals. Liverpool always offers a warm welcome - snow, what snow ? The programme looks pretty good - enjoy, and don't forget to post lots of photos for the saddo's stuck at home.
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hello everybody.
Here's a theme song for the weekend................( well kind of)

"An Eskimo showed me a movie
He'd taken in Liverpool
The poor man could hardly stop shivverin
His lips and his fingers were blue
I suppose that he froze when Anfield was closed
And I guess he just never got warm
But the stands there are nice
In their blizzard of ice
Oh let Torres come back into form"... :D

(Sorry Leonard.)
Tony............
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Tony - :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have fun everyone!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
surrender

Post by surrender »

Terrifying silence...
No meet-up survivors at all ?!? Except Liverpoolken, of course, but I'm afraid his obsession with snowmen disqualifies him as a witness...
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

surrender wrote:Terrifying silence...
No meet-up survivors at all ?!? Except Liverpoolken, of course, but I'm afraid his obsession with snowmen disqualifies him as a witness...
Is someone going to respond . I have to travel to Liverpool tomorrow and I want to know if it is still open .
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Paula

Post by Paula »

We all survived. I only went along on the Saturday evening. Great time the roads were still quite iffy but we went to the Cavern and there was a really good Beatle singing band. Ken promised me there was a marker doing the rounds so I could put my name on the wall but it never materialised.

We then went over to the other Caven Club really good caustic Led Zepplin tribute band. I loved it although the drummer's solo went on for hours and hours.

We then went for a meal and then I retired to a nice warm flat 'cos it was really 'taters.

I have a really nice time and I love the fact that no matter where we are or what the weather is there is always a Cohenite brilliant time thanks to Dave and Ken for organising it and Elke seriously consider going to Poland xx
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Paula wrote:We all survived. I have a really nice time and I love the fact that no matter where we are or what the weather is there is always a Cohenite brilliant time thanks to Dave and Ken for organising it and Elke seriously consider going to Poland xx
Paula
Thankyou for responding and I agree with your analysis about when Cohenites get together it is a magical experience . Kracow cannot come quick enough unless someone is thinking of organising a meetup before then when the weather gets better
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Somebody else on this forum uses the word patience.....

I'm trying to get up to date with work that should have been completed over the weekend and have just wasted 30 minutes trying to find usable batteries for my camera so I can transfer a few photos onto the forum.
Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone who came and especial thanks to Ken for keeping us on the straight(ish) and narrow and thanks to Margaret and John for their hospitality in Chester.
It was cold and slippy, and the football postponement was a disappointment but gives people an excuse to return.
You'll always be welcome
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
margaret

Post by margaret »

Saturday was brilliant sunshine and blue skies in Liverpool but the temperature never got above freezing! Very slippery underfoot in places but we enjoyed a ride on the Mersey Ferry, did lots of walking, had photos taken with a few penguins and a couple of hours in the Cavern Club . Some good live music and a great atmosphere. The place was really rockin' :D I headed home to Chester after our meal at the French Bistro, but I believe some of our group stayed out 'til about 2.00 am :shock: .

Unfortunately I never had my own camera with me but no doubt some photos will materialise soon from others in our party.
surrender

Post by surrender »

Nice to hear you have had such a good time together in spite of the weather conditions.
See you in Krakow and on the road!
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
KerstinP

Post by KerstinP »

Hi all there!!!

Sorry for the delay....time is busy here.....
Thanks a lot, Ken and Dave, for guiding through Liverpool and Chester...thanks Margret for your hospitality on Sunday!!! Hi Joe and Paula!!! Hope you arrived well at home! We have had a great time there, haven't we?
I hope you'll like the photos....here's a little selection:
Boat's tour
Boat's tour
Hafenrundfahrt-Blick auf Liverpool.JPG
View on Liverpool Skyline
Billy Fury.JPG
Billy Fury

Return to “Other gatherings”