Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Henning

Re: Liverpool Meetup January 8-10, 2010

Post by Henning »

Ken - did you shovel some snow this morning ?

Dave - I hope the match is not in danger and Anfield is green as it ought to be.

Looks like there's winter around. Let's have a drink in the pole bar.

Cheers
H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Henning,
It's been snowing but the bars are still warm......pole dancer bar or north pole bar?
and Torres is enjoying himself.
The tickets are sorted and no news about any football cancellations.
torred.jpg
torred.jpg (55.49 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
Judy

Post by Judy »

Have a great weekend everyone. Wish I could be there ... for the songs not for the football :) .

Dave and Ken, have you included the Jacaranda in the tour ? There used to be a steel band (1960ish) and I think the Beatles even played there before their rise to fame.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Judy wrote:Have a great weekend everyone. Wish I could be there ... for the songs not for the football :) .

Dave and Ken, have you included the Jacaranda in the tour ? There used to be a steel band (1960ish) and I think the Beatles even played there before their rise to fame.
Judy
Dave and Ken cannot remember the 60's they are far too young for that
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Have a brilliant weekend everyone next week. Don't miss me too much :) Just back from Italy and had a great time.
Just to let you know it is Paulas birthday on the friday so I hope she gets drunk without spending a penny but please keep her off the Pole, when she is drunk ok?

I am looking forward to all the reports and photographs

Next stop Cracow :)

Love Tinders xxx
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Liverpool and Chester will be a minimum of -4C on Thursday. They will be a minimum of -3C on Friday. They will be a minimum of zero C on Saturday.
BBC weather forecast predicts that the severe weather will last for another 10 to 15 days.
Please check with our local Media and airport sites before you leave.

http://www.liverpoolairport.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
mylitta

Post by mylitta »

Brrr. But I have paid for the hotel and the train, so even though I am not from Yorkshire I will do my best to be there.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I am still coming up Richard Branson permitting. I don't mind the snow but the pavements are like skating rinks so it is all down to the trains running really. If the football is still on it looks like Liverpool will be full of Londoners Spurs and Arsenal lovely :roll:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

the group mailing thingy whatsit ain't workin' for me at the moment so a quick resume.....

Friday is looking like this.....
Joe Costello is arriving from Ireland sometime during the morning
Dave is working until sometime into the late afternoon
No doubt I shall be meeting both of them sometime during the day
Judith is arriving by train in the early evening
Paula is around all weekend but her first priority is visiting her daughter so we shall see her when we see her
I'm off to pick up Henning, Elke and Kerstin from Manchester airport at about 7pm
So hopefully we shall all meet up sometime around the 9/9:30pm on Friday evening for a chat and a drink.

Saturday is going to be our sightseeing day.
The plan is/was to go start the day by going down to the river for the 50 minute trip on the famous ferry...then a look around the Albert dock and museums etc. etc......then head up thru the city to the cathedrals....taking in whatever else takes our fancy with no doubt a visit to the Cavern in the late afternoon....then we shall all be having a meal together in the evening.
The first ferry trip of the day on Saturday is at 10am and then at hourly intervals....we will be joined by Margaret, Deirdre and Diane (if she has recovered from her cold) on Saturday morning...they will be travelling from Chester so our first activity of the day, the ferry trip will be dictated by whatever time they can arrive in Liverpool by....probably the 11am ferry is looking like the best bet.......then sometime on Saturday we all decide what everybody wants to do on Sunday.....
Dave and Henning are off to the football match on Sunday so the rest of us will get on with whatever we have decided to do for the day...... more sightseeing/visit to Chester/shopping........maybe sometime over the weekend we could make one of Henning's dreams come true.....let's be honest his meeting Dylan is never going to happen.....and let him sing on the Cavern stage one afternoon........(see below)
................needless to say the pavements are still like ice rinks at the moment...safe journeys.......ta ken

CAVERN CLUB

Friday 8 January 2010 (evening)
Elvis 75th Birthday Celebration featuring Mike Byrne and the Sunrockers and Tony Cain
Tickets available online from Ticketmaster
or the Cavern Pub Tel: 0151 236 4041
Tickets £7.50
20:00
Cavern Back Stage
Get tickets here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 9 January 2010 (afternoon)
Live music from solo acts and cover bands
14:30 -15:15 Jon Keats
15:15 -16:00 Flashback
16:15 -17:00 Jon Keats
17:00 -18:00 Flashback
18:15 -20:15 Ronny Hughes
Admission £2.50 after 5pm
20:00
Cavern Front Stage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 9 January 2010 (evening)
The Cave Dwellers
Your opportunity to play or sing on the famous Cavern stage with the Cavern resident band
followed by Marcus Cahill
Admission £2.50
21:00
Cavern Front Stage
Sunday 10 January 2010 (afternoon and evening)
Live music from solo acts and cover bands
14:30 -16:30 Tim Shaw
17:00 -18:30 Richard Batty
19:00 -21:00 Jon Keats
21:00 -24:00 The Shakers
Admission free until 7pm then £2.50
14:00
Cavern Front Stage
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Just outside Chester it was -10C last night. I think it's time I closed our windows at night and lit our fire. The Central Heating system needn't be used unless it gets really cold.
Liverpool people are very generous and helpful when times are tough. Many of them have fallen on the ice and luckily those who can crawl a bit, get together so the rest of the pedestrians can walk across them, thus avoiding the icy paths.
I believe that the person who introduced the Penguins to all parts of Liverpool knew something about the forthcoming weather. :roll:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

because of the snow i left the house for only the second time since Christmas this afternoon.....pavements have improved in the main areas of the city centre but the side roads are still treacherous......saw plenty of people falling over....as nobody seems to believe a word i say these days here are a couple of photos i took of the Eleanor Rigby Hotel this afternonn....i admit that i got the name of lap and pole dance club wrong...it's Moll Teazers not Molly's....for anybody who is familiar with confectionary that is a very bad joke indeed...... i went into the hotel and introduced myself to the owner Phil...see his business card below.....as the place is covered in beatles photos i told him i had just been to see the John Lennon film nowhere boy (brilliant film btw i'm not a beatles fan myself but i found myself in tears at the end)...which led into a conversation about music....once he found out i was a Dylan disciple i suddenly became his best new friend.....funny how all proper musicians all seem to appreciate Mr Dylan.....Phil told me that he plays in a band which has Pete Best, the beatles first and best drummer, as their drummer...i jokingly told me that we have a frustrated German musician in our party...to which he replied that they get a lot of frustrated German musicians staying in the hotel....they don't provide breakfast but they have a 20% off deal with a little italian place just around the corner in the world famous mathew street....he gave me his card telling me that anybody who rang his mobile number direct and mentioned my name and the forum that he would 'do a deal for them' if ever they stayed at the hotel.............safe journeys everybody.....ta ken
er1.jpg
er2.jpg
er3.jpg
Last edited by liverpoolken on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Have a wonderful time in Liverpool everybody.

This is how looks over here at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNG40sa ... re=channel

Wijbe and WIlly
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
Byron

Post by Byron »

Wybe, a wonderful film and I couldn't agree more with what they each said. :) (I think :roll: )
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Byron wrote:Wybe, a wonderful film and I couldn't agree more with what they each said. :) (I think :roll: )
Byron, I think most people can’t understand what they say, it’s mostly spoken in the Frisian language.
But the pictures speak for them self.

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Phil told me that he plays in a band which has Pete Best, the beatles first and best drummer, as their drumm
I used to have a pub where a group called ' WATT 4' regularly played.
The drummer was Roag Best (Pete's brother), Pete occasionally played and Mona their mother (who once ran the Casbah Club where the original Beatles played) was their manager.
She was a character but I loved the name of the group and the different ways the name could be interpreted.

It seems so long ago and this weekend has arrived so quickly.
Thanks for all the good wishes from you all and especially Ken who has done so much to organise things.
See you in the next few days

Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫

Return to “Other gatherings”