Toronto fans, anyone?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
anyolite

Toronto fans, anyone?

Post by anyolite »

According to this forum, there was some sort of gathering in Toronto a couple years ago. Would anyone be interested in another one?

I just thought Leonard Cohen's 75th birthday would be a good "excuse" to get together for drinks and/or desserts and meet fellow fans. A bit of a short notice, I know, but it doesn't necessarily have to be on the 21st.

Cheers,

anyolite.
bzavitz

Re: Toronto fans, anyone?

Post by bzavitz »

Hi anyolite,

Five years late- but here's a response.

I'm a new member of the site. Got thinking Thursday that it might be nice to celebrate Leonard's 80th birthday somehow. Tried a few options and nothing panned out. Then today by chance I got an advance copy of the new album "Popular problems," so began to think about getting a group together somewhere Sunday aft or eve to talk and listen. Seems a little late to set up something through Meetup.com, but I can't find anything else that seems to be happening in TO

Did you ever get any response? Do you know any others that might like to get together?

Brian
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I hope that anyolite is still around and that, if not, that at least you will get some response, Brian.
Welcome to the Forum, in any case :D !!!

I just checked and it looks like anyolite's last visit was December 7, 2012, so probably not still around. If you click on her[?] name, though, you will see that there is a PM option, as well as an email option. You might want to try both avenues, just in case she's still reachable, via this site. It's worth a try. Actually, you don't even need to click on the name... the options are at the bottom of the small box that sits alongside her post.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Cate

Post by Cate »

Hand up as a Toronto fan :)
bzavitz

Post by bzavitz »

Well folks, thanks for rewarding my post with a little tickle of response. Lizzy, for the encouragement, and Cate, thank you too for your e-mail.

With the 80th birthday quickly receding into the mist, I find I'd still like to think of an occasional gathering in Toronto, maybe watch one of the many documentaries then sit around and listen to some of his music over a few drinks and good conversation. I don't do this sort of thing much, and am so overwhelmed with other things it would take me a long time to get something organised. But maybe if there is a groundswell of interest we could start with one event, then see what happens. I also joined Meetup.com to see what might be possible through that channel, but I see no problem with combining the two sources-- this forum and Meetup.com-- to find people for one event.

Anyway, let's see if we garner some more responses and maybe someone will come along who has a bit of time to take more initiative.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Either that, bzavitz, or just go for it. You, Cate, one of your Cohen friends, one of Cate's Cohen friends, and you've got a gathering of 4. Some photos and reports and another date. Friends are made, interests shared, why wait for large numbers before stepping forth?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Other gatherings”