2003 December 5th Tribute in Montreal

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
raven

2003 December 5th Tribute in Montreal

Postby raven » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:16 pm

I'm glad to be a part of this show...
This tribute will take place at l'Alizé, 900 Ontario E.- corner of St-André in Montreal.
5 artists will be playing 14 songs.
Show starts at 22h
For more infos on the performers, check out the LATEST NEWS section
of this site.
For more infos: (514) 523-0622 (Alizé)
Take care!...
Raven
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:13 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Raven :D

Congratulations on your special participation in this Event 8) . You sound very happy :D ! It'd be great to hear how it went from a performer's perspective, as well as from someone in the audience [Mike]. I hope you'll give us your own review. Some behind-the-scenes perspectives are always great, too. It sounds very promising!

~ Elizabeth
Coco

Postby Coco » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:37 am

Hi Raven!

Well today is your big day! :) Here's wishing you all the best!
raven

Postby raven » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:16 am

Thank you kindly for your good words and wishes.
I've been playing music for 12 years, 7 with my actual band Persephone yet I feel realy nervous (a good nerve) about this one show... We all do. We'll be singing the words of a man we respect a lot...
I hope it's a success!
I will tell you first hand how it went..

Good night you all!
Raven
raven

How the Tribute went...

Postby raven » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:52 am

Hello to everyone who manisfested an interest in the project!
Leonard Cohen sold out the show, the place was packed! It was heartwarming to see all these people show up...
At the soundcheck earlier, we had to cope with the fact that one of the performers was not going to be there (he was opening the night with 4 songs)
Overall, we managed to give an interesting show!!!
The audience was lenient about the lack of "mise en scène", sometimes there were those odd minutes between performances, but the croud's spirit was forgiving, warm and kind...
I sensed a lot of love that night, was it just me? . There were at least 3 generations in the club singing along to the tunes of our dear poet...
It was truely a unique occasion for us performers, having all our bands and single careers, we took time off from our main projects to learn and give our personal touch to these songs.
Also I met the charming young Cohen Knight, good kid, bright smile...knew all the lyrics to the songs by heart!
It is a beautiful memory now...
Peace to all
raven
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:35 am

Hi Raven ~

It sounds like you rallied on 8) , despite the absence of your show's opener [four is a lot of songs to suddenly find yourself without :shock: ]. Three generations is such good news 8) . I'm glad that you and Cohen Knight were able to connect. I know it meant a lot to him :D , and that he appreciates your good review :D . Good luck with your continuing endeavours, elsewhere.

Now, Mike, I'm looking forward to your report of the evening :) !

~ Lizzy

Return to “Other gatherings”