Meet-ups in Britain?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:21 am

My G-d. Port Talbot, now Port Sunlight !!! I do believe Holmes that there is a pattern emerging. I'll just nip into the dining room and check the carpet. :?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:27 am

I was right. There is indeed a pattern on the dining room carpet. We're doomed, we're all doomed. Patterns are taking over the world.

The only safe thing to do is to take out a patent on patterns and pretend the patent is part of a larger pattern. Confuse and divide is the only course open to us. "Man the barricades, Oh, and by the way, make sure they are kept neat." :wink:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:26 pm

There is a pattern to everything Byron
even randomness has a style of pattern

I don't know about odd randomness though.

Pass the port Holmes.
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:59 pm

Coming back to the original theme of the thread.

Linda has mentioned the possibility of meeting at Gloucester. I would be able to venture there depending on the date so cannot make any promises at this moment in time. I have some Cohen quizs I devised a few years ago which I could resurrect. Tim is still trying to work them out :lol:
I'll email you Linda
Regards
Pete
Cia

Postby Cia » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:15 pm

Arrrrrgggggggggggg :evil:

Why don't I live in Britain, would love to meet you guys :D

cyberhugs from Cia
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
margaret

Postby margaret » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:01 pm

Cia,

Whenever or wherever we meet up I am sure you or anyone else, will be very welcome to join us if you don't mind travelling. :) I'm also looking forward to meeting lots of forum members in New York next summer :D
Paula

Postby Paula » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:32 pm

Pete a quiz night as well this meet just gets better and better. :lol:

Cia perhaps we should widen it to Paris or somewhere. I could probably cope with the Euro Tunnel :D

Linmag I thought of you yesterday there was a documentary about Fred and Rose West on did you see it?
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:36 pm

OK, Byron and Pete ~ You have secured your places in the remake of A Beautiful Mind aka A Beautiful Mind II [don't let Albert see those Roman numerals, Byron ~ you may be in for another incident].

I'm with you, Cia. I often wonder to myself, "Why can't the U.S. be as compact as Britain :( ?" Even Paris wouldn't do right now :( . It's New York or Bust.

~ Lizzytysh
Heretic

Postby Heretic » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:39 pm

Bust has a curious appeal.
No clue as to why.
Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:46 pm

Dr Freud would know, Heretic.
Byron

Postby Byron » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:29 pm

Cia, Albert sends a big teddy bear hug. He is now allowed out in public after his belly-button transplant and looking forward to showing everyone photos of his old belly-button, prior to having eaten it. Obviously, Albert still needs to work on his social skills and Matron says that as long as he continues to wear his incontinence pads, she can see no reason why he shouldn't give his very close friends a very tight squeeze and hug. What joy, for those of us with nasal disfunction. Byron 'sends his regards.' 8)
Cia

Postby Cia » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:52 am

Puff,cough, puff - is it fur I am allergic to?

Who cares, this is what I get as age takes it's share :D

BTW Heretic, where is Bust? 8)

hugs from Cia (still got my bellybutton in the right spot - I think :wink: )
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
John the Shorts

Postby John the Shorts » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:26 pm

I'm going to be in Sheffield from 31st August until at leastthe 4th September - if anyone wants to meet on one of the evenings then I'm up for it - Unfortunately my brother is away in Thailand so he won't be there.

JTS
linmag

Postby linmag » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:09 pm

Paula - I'm pleased to say I missed the programme about the Wests. I think I had a bellyfull (sorry, Albert) of them first time around. My husband and I (to coin a phrase) have just got back from celebrating our silver wedding anniversary in France with a couple who were married a fortnight before us and now own a house out there. So I haven't done anything about finding a venue in Gloucester, but will do so now as there seems to be some interest. Probably too late to do anything for Leonard's birthday weekend, which is a pity.

Pete - sorry I didn't answer your email, but in addition to the above, we are in the throes of converting to broadband internet access and changing our email addresses. Not to mention dealing with teenage traumas over A level and GCSE results :wink:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Byron

Postby Byron » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:53 pm

linmag, Albert was pleased to see his name in print and if he had legs he would be jumping for joy. (Joy is a female Koala bear who is Albert's pen friend) Albert asked me if he could change his name to heretic, but I said that wouldn't be possible because Albert is only incontinent at one end. :wink:

Return to “Other gatherings”