South Wales meeting

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
margaret

South Wales meeting

Postby margaret » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:17 am

Many thanks to Wendy (Altinkum) and John the Shorts for organising the social event of Friday 20th June in Port Talbot. A pleasant evening was enjoyed by those of us who were able to attend and meet each other in person for the first, and hopefully, not the last time. Wendy particularly worked very hard to produce posters etc. and provided food for us all.

thanks again

margaret
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:09 am

I'm glad to hear it came off! Who all was there, Margaret?
margaret

Postby margaret » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:00 pm

A small select gathering, no doubt because we live so far apart. As well as myself there was Altinkum, JTS, Linmag and Byron and some local fans from the Port Talbot area.

A photo is available if any of those who were present would like it sent to them as an attachment. It will not be for public viewing, to respect the privacy of anyone who doesn't like having their photo taken. Please send me a private message with an actual email address if you are interested.

Margaret
John the Shorts

Postby John the Shorts » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:12 pm

Margaret

I think the photos should contain a health warning as I may appear in them. :P :lol:

JTS
altinkum

Postby altinkum » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:54 pm

Margaret there is no need of any thanks I am just glad you enjoyed the evening, I am also grateful to those of you who attended. Thanks Margaret for putting me on to the book site, 2 books should be on their way to me, I was able to order the "God is alive,magic is afoot" also a book called "Dance me to the music". It was really nice meeting you all.
Altinkum
margaret

Postby margaret » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:16 pm

p,

If you look back to my earlier message you will see that the part about the group photo was addressed to those who were present, not to all and sundry. Please try reading it again.

ps, I see you must have already done so as you have now deleted your comment.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:30 pm

Can I thank all of you for making the evening an enjoyable occasion. The preparation was appreciated and altinkum 'did us proud,' as we say in this neck of the woods. We all had a chance to sit and chat and get to know one another, which would not have been possible with a large gathering. Many thanks to one and all. Byron 'sends his regards' and looks forward to the next time. :)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:32 pm

Thanks, Margaret ~ It sounds like just the right group size to me. Intimate in size, comfortable with surroundings, friendly in attitude. It sounds like you folks had a wonderful time.

~ Elizabeth
linmag

Postby linmag » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:03 am

It was indeed a wonderful evening, and I was very sorry to have to leave early because of the long drive home. Thanks again to Wendy and John for organising it.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:00 pm

John, I haven't had a chance to look for The Bed Sitting Room yet, but rest assured that I will tri-double my endeavours and I will not be found wanting. Only ever so slightly, desiring. :roll:
Thanks for meeting us all at the designated watering hole. I like your idea about the moveable feast and pm's can be despatched to those concerned when we all decide to partake of the golden libation once again. (That bit sounds daft coming from one who doesn't drink except when there's a Preston Guild. But I know I'm daft already, so I'm maintaining my consistency. Somewhat reminiscent of sloppie porridge, Quaker Oats Variety) :?
Say hello to Paul for me as well. By for now. Byron.
(I wonder if 'anyone' will find fault with this message ?)
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
John the Shorts

Postby John the Shorts » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:11 am

Byron

If you have no joy I can forward my copy to you or I can try scanning it and sending you a pdf (I would prefer sending the book) just let me know.

I will pass on your regards to Paul when I see him later in the week at the cricket. (He doesn't like the 1 day stuff but, as with Leonard, I take what enjoyment I can when I can)

Linmag

There's no thanks due to me Wendy did all the work while I drank all the beer. I hope the drive back didn't take you as long as the drive there (I also hope you didn't upset your daughter wasn't too upset when you missed her calls)

Margaret

I still think the photo's need a health warning, even if the circulation is limited to only those that have seen me.

Altinkum

What a marvellous job you done in organising things. You made sure that the night went wonderfully, and what a wonderful thought in providing catering (even if so few of us partook)

JTS (And yes I'm thanking everybody but I'm not a sycophant :wink: )
Byron

Postby Byron » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:47 am

JTS I've just been into abebooks and bookbrain looking under, the title , spike's name and John Antrobus who worked on it with him, There are 6 souvenir programmes of the show around the UK but that is all. You have a rare item which I would not entrust to HM Postal Services, therefore I shall wait until we meet again (Peter Cook and Dudley Moore suddenly got in here!) and I will continue to trawl the depths of the international net-thingie. Hold fast cleric and keep your powder dry. Any other matters concerning the soiree (past and future) can be discussed by private message. :wink:

Return to “Other gatherings”