Leonard Cohen Walking Weekend, or Isn't It A Long Way Down?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Evie B

Re: Leonard Cohen Walking Weekend, or Isn't It A Long Way Down?

Post by Evie B »

Wow Joe Way, have you checked the sell-by date on your provisions? I don't think Snowdon is a volcano but there might be some seismic rumblings up there if you eat any of that lot!

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

He's going to power Albert's hot-air balloon.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

I found the photograph on Amazon where it showed how good a small Canon camera could operate when its owner, Ian, was on Snowdon earlier this year. My thanks to Ian. Well done.
Here it is...toot toot toot...... :D
Attachments
9b6c017b42a04e4b3b591210.L.jpg
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Here be Portmeirion on a photographic site I belong to...

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/blog/169/12411

If any of you own a Fuji camera, come and join us. 8)
kwills

Post by kwills »

What about a canon 400?
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Byron

Post by Byron »

kwills wrote:What about a canon 400?
A very good camera. I don't know the answer to your question. Go to the site and 'contact' the admin. I can't find anything in the guidelines applicable to your query. All technical discussion is about Fuji cameras. The pros and cons of the various models (cameras!!)
There are a few professional photographers in the Fuji Forums who are a huge source of hints, tips and guidance. The Galleries are well worth a look. If you don't ask you never find out. ;-)

I know that several Cohenites in here are very keen photographers. Diane produces some haunting B&W imagery. :)
Diane

Post by Diane »

I have always used Pentax cameras (and began cos I liked a quote about b/w photography that I can no longer recall from a famous photographer who used Pentax - I always do things for dreamy reasons rather than read loads of reviews and specs), and found them reliable. But imo it's not what you've got but what you do with it:-)

Kwills, I was hoping maybe we'd see you up there next week at some point. Any chance?
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

If this forecast for Barmouth is anything to go by it looks like we may not only need to pack our shorts for the walks but also our bathing cossies..ta ken

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?w ... c:UKXX0289
barmouth1.jpg
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you for posting that link to the photographs of Portmeiron, Byron. A magical place beyond belief. Enjoy :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Diane

Post by Diane »

Ken you've gone too far this time. Photoshopping the weather forecast.

It's more than I'd hoped for - an Indian summer after all this dampness. Everything crossed for it!
kwills

Post by kwills »

Well, the weather forecast seems to be pretty good for the next ten days,but then again they've been wrong all summer!
Let's hope they've got it right this time.

Did anyone see The Hairy Bikers in Portmeirion tonight? If you missed it try the BBC I player.
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Ok then, its warm and sunny today in Dublin after nothing but rain for weeks. So how is it looking across the Irish sea then?
Henning

Post by Henning »

The prospect is awesome.

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?w ... c:UKXX0289

It needs a bit of my "schief" singing to not let it be so sweet and polished.

leo.org says Schief = "cracking voice"

Well done Diane and Tim. You know how to adjust all forecasts to make it look like pure invitation.

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Wow, so I can take half of the stuff out of my bag now... no need for famous blue raincoats if that forecast is correct.

I can cope with a crackin' voice for the weekend I think Henning, after a few drinks of course... But please do not let it be a cracklin' voice like Neil Diamond. :)
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

it's official then....photoshopping weather reports can actually change the weather itself...it's going to be a sizzler..so don't forget your sun cream folks...poor Henning who I know was looking forward to a weekend of dark and thunderous skies, swirling mists, high winds, torrential rain tempered with a little snow ....ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani

Return to “Other gatherings”