Leonard Cohen Walking Weekend, or Isn't It A Long Way Down?

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
MaryB

Re: Leonard Cohen Walking Weekend, or Isn't It A Long Way Down?

Post by MaryB »

Sorry for the intrusion everyone, but...

Joe,
Since it was first touched upon in this thread, can you tell us what progress has been made with your eye problem?

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your concern. The surgery hasn't been scheduled yet, as I need to see an additional doctor. Most likely, it will take place in either the 2nd or 3rd week of December. I have a macular hole that they try to repair by draining the vitreous fluid from the eye and inserting a gas bubble. They are also going to remove a cataract while they are in there (hence the need for two docs) I'll have to keep my head parallel to the ground for a week or so after the surgery (I get to rent some things to help facilitate this) and I won't be able to fly for about six months. All in all, not too bad and I hope it saves what sight I have left in that eye.

I'm so glad that Anne & I did our traveling when we did and that I can still make it to Krakow next summer.

Hope all is well with you-it was great to meet you in Barcelona and I'm really enjoying reading your account and others of the last concerts in the U.S.

Best regards,

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Joe,

I appreciate your response. If all that saves the sight in your eye, it will be well worth the surgery, and, probably the hardest part - the week of recuperation with no movement. This will be a great time to perfect even more Woody and LC tunes for Krakow 8) :D .

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “Other gatherings”