Ftp setup.

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
JamieKerr

Re: Ftp setup.

Post by JamieKerr » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:56 pm

HI all,

Did the FTP ever come back up? I am trying to access and am being asked for a userid / password but I cannot login anonymously...

Are there any know DC++ hubs for LC stuff?

Thanks!

Jamie
celtic36

Post by celtic36 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Forum

I used the FTP site ages ago and downloaded almost everything from it. I know the question has been asked before but I lost all my data on my hard drive and really miss listening to the live concerts. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Thanks Aodan Glynn X
RC

Post by RC » Sat May 24, 2008 3:45 am

With Leonard's current tour. I can't think of a better time for the FTP to be resurected.

Any news on this?

I haven't used it before, but I can't log in now - it seems to be out of operation.
Richard
Australia
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Tue May 27, 2008 11:14 am

I think that mr. stocks dissapeared, together with his FTP.
len

Post by len » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 am

If Leonard is okay with having his concerts recorded and bootlegged (and willing to give permission for this), then it's possible we could use etree.org to host fan-recordings. Many bands have their concerts published that way, the site predates modern file-sharing systems, and is supported by ibiblio. It's unlikely to disappear, like a fan-hosted FTP server might. They won't, however, host material that is legally questionable -- so I think they need explicit permission from Leonard, which might be problematic with respect to the songs that he doesn't hold the rights to, though I am not a lawyer.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”