Antoni is awesome!

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Kevin W.M.LastYearsMan

Antoni is awesome!

Post by Kevin W.M.LastYearsMan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:23 pm

To everyone:
Antoni has been kind enough to send me the choices from his list that I've made. The DVD plays perfectly. The cd's are great that I've listened to so far. I am very happy that Antoni has been kind enough to do this for me, and wanted to say so publicly, not just in a pm. The one documentary of Leonard, "Songs of Leonard Cohen" I think it's called, has that awesome footage that I remembered seeing once of Irving Layton reading parts from "Death of a Ladies Man" that I loved so much when I saw it. It has so much good stuff on it. Also included with that was 'Live in Germany" on that DVD.
From what I've listened to so far, the cds are great. The John Peele sessions has him performing "Dress Rehersal Rag" which I didn't think he's ever performed besides recording it. So I was jazzed about that. Also, one of the cds had a live version of Nancy that I loved.

So, since I'm so fortunate and Antoni has been so kind, I just want to let everyone know that I want to keep the trading chain going, and now, I fortunately have a couple of things that I can copy for people. I can burn both cds and dvds. So for the next round of the group, just let me know.

Best wishes, and thanks again!
Kevin
Philwilli

The kind men of Spain & England

Post by Philwilli » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:03 pm

Kevin,i agree with you a 100%.For some weeks ago i had nothing.Some nights i used to look at Antoni's list before i went to bed.Switch off my pc
and say to myself "o well, those DVD's and cd's are not for me"
But suddenly i was in contact with Antoni and this kind man in Spain sent
me a DVD and several cd's.
But also in the land of England there is a kind man.Of privacy reasons i will not write his name but he lives up north in England.He will know who
i mean if he reads this.He has also sent me DVD's and cd's and state of the art cover art.
I would like to thank these two good hearted men in public for what they
have given me.

PS Also thanks to Jim Williams that has made it possible to download
files that i have made a DVD of.

Phil,the Norwegian
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:18 am

Please, don't mention it! I have seen as others have shared his diamonds. I remember all those who have helped me to have my treasure, all of them I met here. Really, I have not made anything new or special. Regards, Antoni
saleonar

I Second That Emotion

Post by saleonar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:59 am

Antoni says that it is nothing that others have not done for him. Maybe, but every link in the chain of transmission has to do his part. And many don't, including myself at times.
I salute the good man from Spain. The beer I just opened is drunk to your health. Thanks.
margaret

Post by margaret » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm

Muchos gracias Antoni :D Un pacquete maravilloso llegado hoy.

Margaret

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”