NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Post Reply
User avatar
drsing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by drsing » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 pm

NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Today I found two new vinyl albums, shrink wrapped. It is a limited edition (300), made in Spain for Discos Toro Salvaje, Madrid.
One is called "My radio sweetheart" and the other "Don't touch that dial".
Did not see these on the LC Forum yet. Here are some pictures of the twin set.
Attachments
DSC04456.JPG
DSC04455.JPG
DSC04452.JPG
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
User avatar
Maarten
Posts: 1422
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:31 am
Location: Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Contact:

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by Maarten » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:13 am

Hi,
Both lp's were part of a photo Joey Carenza posted when they where in Dublin... (either on the Camp Cohen blog or his personal blog, can't remember). The caption said something like "a small piece of Cohen in a window in Dublin"...
Can't trace it down right now, but if someone can find the post, please put the link here, thanks.

EDIT: http://leonardcohen.tumblr.com/post/316 ... temple-bar

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
User avatar
drsing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by drsing » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Maarten wrote:Hi,
Both lp's were part of a photo Joey Carenza posted when they where in Dublin... (either on the Camp Cohen blog or his personal blog, can't remember). The caption said something like "a small piece of Cohen in a window in Dublin"...
Can't trace it down right now, but if someone can find the post, please put the link here, thanks.

EDIT: http://leonardcohen.tumblr.com/post/316 ... temple-bar

Maarten
Yes Maarten, you are (as always) right. Now I remember that Dublin picture. When I saw it a few weeks ago I thought those were books, as it looks like a book shop picture and forgot about it. But those are are the same vinyl albums indeed. Thanks!
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
User avatar
tomsakic
Posts: 5247
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by tomsakic » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks, drsing. I noticed the tour blog post as well and realised it's the new bootlegs (or at least previously unknown to this website) but didn't have time to dig it. Thanks! Apparently that's made from BBC Sessions mastertape which emerged on CDR in 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/200709160908 ... -08-31.htm

Tom
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by Goldin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
User avatar
drsing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by drsing » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 pm

tomsakic wrote:Thanks, drsing. I noticed the tour blog post as well and realised it's the new bootlegs (or at least previously unknown to this website) but didn't have time to dig it. Thanks! Apparently that's made from BBC Sessions mastertape which emerged on CDR in 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/200709160908 ... -08-31.htm

Tom
Thanks for the info. I did not know it was a television recording. So sorry to read the video being presumably erased :cry:
I hope there is a Forum member around (older than I am ;-) ) who already had a video recorder back in 1968 and keeps that video tape somewhere :?: :?:
Attachments
first home video recorder around 1968
first home video recorder around 1968
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
User avatar
drsing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by drsing » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Now in Black and Blue!
Today I found a set of these bootleg albums in a very special blue coloured pressing, only 100 made.
These have a blue sticker on the back cover, with a silver number.
The black vinyl was made in a 300 edition, with a white sticker and black number.
Here are some pictures of the blue vinyl.
Attachments
DSC09345.jpg
DSC09346.jpg
DSC09348.jpg
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Citizen_Kane
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The Hague, Netherlands

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by Citizen_Kane » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 am

drsing wrote:Now in Black and Blue!
Today I found a set of these bootleg albums in a very special blue coloured pressing, only 100 made.
These have a blue sticker on the back cover, with a silver number.
The black vinyl was made in a 300 edition, with a white sticker and black number.
Here are some pictures of the blue vinyl.
Great find! And thanks for sharing this on the forum!
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
User avatar
drsing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: NEW on VINYL, 1968 BBC Recordings

Post by drsing » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm

green.JPG
Another find: GREEN vinyl
No sticker nor number on the back cover.
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Post Reply

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”