video clear-out - anyone interested in having?

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
A.Sukitu

video clear-out - anyone interested in having?

Post by A.Sukitu »

I am having a video clear-out as I am (at last) getting into dvds.
the following are free to a good home:

1. (commercial copy of) The TIbetan Book of the Dead. A Way of Life. LC narrating.
2. LC: Dance Me To The End of Love - promo video.
3. (copied from UK tv) Bird on A Wire (old version) and Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Leonard Cohen.
4. LC: I am A Hotel - promo.
5. (copied from UK tv) BBC2 Omnibus Songs from a Life. l hr documentary of I'm Your Man tour.
6. (copied from UK tv) BBC prog Sounds of the Sixties with LC, Seeger, Baez, Paxton, Peter Paul & Mary, Buckley, Havens.
7. another copy of #5 above.

free to loving home. just PM me your preferences. I'll reply if you can have it/them, and I'll request your address then.
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
scouser14

Re: video clear-out - anyone interested in having?

Post by scouser14 »

I'm guessing these are probably gone, but I'm interested :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear A. Sukitu ~

I would LOVE to have Tibetan Book of the Dead, if it's still available [but I JUST noticed the date on your original posting and the high number of views... oh well :) ] :D !

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hi Lizzy

The Tibetan Book of the Dead video was recently uploaded to YouTube in 2 parts - link for part of it here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24875&p=264611&hil ... an#p264611

I'm pretty certain the same person also uploaded the other half of the TBOD video as well.

You can download it to your computer and watch it at any time using free software such as save2pc - www.save2pc.com - which works a treat.

Hope that helps.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you, Wendy! I'll see what my techno [lack of] skills think of the link and my computer thinks of the download. When you do that, does it take up a bunch of space? What happens when my computer is infected [as it has become]? Do you happen to know any of these answers :) . If someone asked me, I wouldn't :? .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Lizzy

I'm travelling at the moment and don't have my "proper" laptop with me so I can't tell you exactly how big the files are but from memory each of the two parts was of the order of 100-200 MB in MPEG format so not massive. Even my- 6 year old, slow travelling laptop can cope with that. Download via save2pc is pretty quick. I couldn't begin to tell you how it might affect things if your computer has become infected but I would strongly recommend trying to do something about the infection. It's only happened to me once and I solved the problem by asking around at work. There' was always someone who knows a lot more than I did about computers and IT were usually willing to give some advice for free!

Good luck

Wendy

Edit 23 Jan: Back home again for a couple of days to catch up on washing & pay the bills! I'm afraid the files are a bit bigger than I thought - but they are still manageable. The Tibetan Book of the Dead - A Way of Life (47 mins) is 321MB and The Tibetan Book of the Dead - The Great Liberation (45 mins) is 251MB. I downloaded both in MPEG format. Both films are really interesting but I suspect it's Leonard's voice which really has me hooked!
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for your help and suggestions, Wendy. I'll ask at work... and wait to hear from you on the size. I appreciate your help.
~ Oscar Wilde
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

.......... just for info - all videos now gone to good homes. thanks for interest.
A.
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”